The Man

"Fire there, there, and there!" Screamed the man. I saw his shadow from the sun on the top of the edge. Was he gonna shoot us?! Was he gonna shoot the monsters!?  That's all I thought. "W-Where's Kat?" I whispered. "I don't know.." Jordan whispered back. We heard the first gun go off, BOOM! It hit right next to where me and Jordan were hiding-a tent.

We heard a splash. Then, a boom. Then, a splash. What was happening at the ledge? Boom, splash, boom, splash. Ugh, I couldn't take it anymore. I just wanted to run. "I'm going." I said, getting up. Jordan grabbed for me, but I got free and darted up the hill. Boom Splash, turned to Boom Fall. A bullet skimmed my head, and I fell.

"ANDRE!?" That's all I heard when I woke up. "Andre!?" It sounded like my sister......but nope, it was Kat. I sat up, seeing bullet holes all around the camp. "C'mon, we have to leave." Said Kat, helping me up and giving me my small backpack. "W-What happened?" I said. "Sh.." Said Jordan, being alert.

We got to a apartment complex named Berkshire Terminus. We walked in, it being completely empty. "Clear it out," said Jordan, nudging Kat to the stairs. "You're gonna help!" She said, making a serious face.

Another hour and we're all sleeping. Except me, I couldn't sleep. I kept shifting uncomfortably, and kept shifting. I missed Amy, mom, and dad. It took me the next 2 hours to make me sleep. I could tell it took Kat a while as well. The next morning, only Jordan looked like he got a lot of sleep in. Me and Kat were like the same, slumped around.

It felt...awkward being with these people. Two teenagers and a 6 year old, wow. But, they seemed really nice. "Where now?"  I asked. "I saw a gas station not far from here, it's out back in Atlanta." Said Kat, glancing at me and Jordan. "Well lets go!" Said Jordan, walking down the road.