Chapter 2

That evening Anna was at Miranda's house for a sleepover.

"Anna, aren't you going to say goodbye to your mother and father?" called the Miranda's mum to Anna.

"Bye, bye, Mum and Dad. Love you," said Anna, desperate to go off with Miranda

"Bye, Darling. Have a nice sleepover," replied her mum, as she hugged Anna.

"Goodbye, Anna. Be a good girl. No being naughty," said her father, before leading her mum back to the car. When they had both gone, Anna raced back to Miranda, desperate to explore the house. This is the order Miranda showed Anna the house: Living-room, Kitchen, Bathroom, Bedrooms, dining- room, front garden, back garden and then the swimming pool. Miranda didn't bother showing Anna the attic and cellar; they're boring.

Soon it was time for them to go into Miranda's room and have their epic sleepover. When it was 12 o'clock and Miranda's parents were in bed, Miranda and Anna tiptoed down to the kitchen. You can't have a sleepover without a midnight feast!

"What shall we have?" whispered Miranda.

"I have no idea. There's so much food," whispered Anna. They ended up grabbing some biscuits, some coke and some cheddar cheese. They quickly tip toed back up to Miranda's room and greedily ate their midnight feast.

Miranda was just about to take a bite out of her biscuit when she heard a bin fall over outside. Anna heard it too. They both looked at each other and then ran to the window.