Chapter 3

Outside of Miranda's house was a man, dressed in all black. A brown dog was trailing behind him. The man had a black, filled bag in his right hand. Miranda quickly turned her head, her ginger locks hitting Anna's face.

"It's a thief!" whispered Miranda, half frightened and half excited. Miranda and Anna were desperate to get the thief. They both quietly ran out to Miranda's garden and out of the gate. They saw the thief slowly gliding towards a jewellery shop. When the thief was about to smash the glass, they jumped out and tried to grab the man. The thief jumped, saw the girls and put on an evil face.

"Two little, annoying girls trying to capture me. How funny!" said the midnight thief, staring at Miranda and Anna.

"We may be girls but we may be quick," Said Anna bravely to the thief.

The midnight thief smiled, evilly at the two girls, "Catch me then!" he then jumped over a dust bin and ran. Anna and Miranda looked at each other and ran after the midnight thief. The thief was astonished when he saw the girls running up after him, they were fast.

"Miranda, go phone the police. I'll carry on chasing him," ordered Anna. Miranda nodded and sped off towards the telephone box. She rang 999.

"Police! Police! Police!" cried Miranda urgently through the telephone.

"Yes. What is it?" asked a deep man voice.

"Thief! Thief! Thief on park lane!" cried Miranda, before running after Anna.