Chapter 4

About a minute after Miranda had called the police and caught up with Anna, the police arrived. The team of men saw the two girls chasing someone and decided the person they were chasing was the thief.

When the Midnight thief saw the flashing lights, and shouts of police men, he decided to run for his life and fortune. The girls couldn't catch up with him when he began to run for his life. Soon only the 5 policeman were running after the thief.

The midnight thief turned to glance at the sweaty policemen and tripped over a dustbin. The midnight thief rolled on the ground helplessly and then tried to get back to his feet. He called for his dog, which was chasing the policeman. His dog ran towards him and hid beside him.

"Ok. Give it up. You're caught man. What's your name?" asked the stout policeman.

"My name...My name...My name...My name is Toby," replied the Midnight Thief hesitantly.

"No stupid, your robbery name," said the tall policeman. The midnight thief did not want to say his name because he was in the newspapers a lot and he was known as the "Midnight Thief". If he gave his name he'd be in prison forever.

"My robbery name is the day light thief," said the Midnight Thief.

"We know it's ain't that. Ya the Midnight Thief. Aren't ya?" said the slang policeman.

All the other policemen thought that too. So the Midnight Thief was taken to prison.