Chapter Eight: Battles!

A quick song begins as the title is shown. 'Take me on a journey!' Sora is shown running ahead while Maddie and Steven walk behind her. 'Please Choose me!' Sora and Maddie's chosen Pokemon are shown. 'We could be the best team of all time!' Steven is shown holding out his hand calling out a move and Metagross and the rest of his Pokemon are shown attacking. 'We will do everything together!' Sora is shown goofing off with Flannery laughing with her as Maddie and Steven are shown battling each other. 'Learning, training, never stop me!' Ash, Pikachu and his friends are shown as Sora goofing off with them. 'Go, Go, Go!' Maddie is shown looking up at the sky as Palkia and Dialga flash across behind her. 'Anywhere you're goin so am I!' Steven is shown smiling at Maddie and her cheeks flush red. 'Take me on a journey to your heart!' Steven held his hand out for her. 'The Journey to your heart!' Sora bursts in ruining the romantic moment with her Pokemon. 'Pokemon!' The three are shown standing together before the title is shown once more.

Steven and Maddie spent a few weeks in Johto before they headed to Hoenn. Steven had Champion duties to do since it was that time of year again. Maddie sat outside the Pokemon League while Steven was inside tending to Champion duties.

"Enjoying the sunshine?" A voice asks. Maddie looks up.

"Yes, very much so." Maddie explains.

"Are you a challenger?" The male asks.

"Oh, no. No. My... boyfriend is um... the Champion." Maddie replies.

"Really?" He asks, "That's amazing. Sorry, forgot to introduce myself. I'm Xander." He held out his hand to shake.

"Maddie." She replies, "Are you a challenger?"

"Nah, I did that a while ago." He replies, "Lost horribly to that boyfriend of yours."

"Yeah, he's too strong." Maddie replies.

"Do you two battle against each other?" He asks.

"Oh, no, never. I'd get creamed." Maddie replies and her face flushes given the circumstances of the other night. She looks away.

"He doesn't use a lower level Pokemon to help you train yours?" He asks.

"I have two Pokemon only. A Tepig named Blaise and a Swablu named Coro." She explains.

"Powerful names." He explains.

"Yeah, powerful names for a piggy who acts like my bodyguard and a baby birdie whose wings are too fluffy." She explains, "So what are your Pokemon?"

"I have a Banette..." He explains.

"Ooh, spooky." She explains and giggles, "I mean Banette is a great Pokemon. I'm just not really interested in Ghost Pokemon."

"I didn't take you for one to be afraid of ghost Pokemon." He replies.

"Oh, I'm not. Duskull all the way. I just... don't like Banette." She explains, "There's just something about it."

"It's an acquired taste." He explains.

"So was Banette your first Pokemon?" Maddie asks.

"Yes. Let's just say... we have a deeper understanding with one another. Our goals are aligned." Xander replies.

"Oh, I'm guessing you've got a dream." She explains.

"Yes, you could say that. One that I plan to make a reality." He explains.

"Well, I wish you good luck." Maddie replies, "I should get back inside."

"It was very nice meeting you." Xander explains as Maddie got up and headed inside.