Chapter 1 • A Ghost?!

"Hey, Buddy, can you grab some more of that flour? We're kind of running out." Beatrix asked.
"Well, yeah!" Buddy, who was in a groovy mood, skipped over to the pantry, only to feast her eyes upon a surprising sight. Somebody in the Cafe, despite it being closed. "Hey, what are you doing back here? Oh my gods, did you get locked in?!?"

They looked surprised, "I- uh- I'm always here, at the cafe. I kinda- well- live here?"
"Oh. I didn't know that's what the second story was for!"

She looked Buddy up and down. "No. I live in the cafe. Not the second story."
"Is that even allowed, though? Not to rain on a parade or anything, just... you know?"

The person mumbled something under her breath. "ʻAha, ʻīlio pupule. I'm a ghost. This cafe was built where I met my end. I'm stuck here." They sighed.

Buddy blinked. "I mean– Okay. You'd think I'd take that as a prank, but knowing the paranormal nerd information that Nyx is always spilling, this is oddly... casual news." She admitted, reaching for a bag of flour.
The ghost thought to themself "ʻAʻole au i ʻike iā ia ma mua, he mea hou ʻo ia?" The ghost walked to the front desk. "Where is Nyx?! I need to talk to her." She grumbled.

"Oh my gods, the ghost! Do you know 'em?" Buddy looked at Trixie, her elbows on the desk.
"Nyx is in her office, don't yell at her too loud, Rose."

Rosemary sighed and stomped through the wall to Nyx's office.
"That was unsettling! They look so real and yet– Just walked–" Buddy shivered with the word, "Through the wall like that."

"Oh, hey! Sounds like you already met Monique." Nyx spins in her chair.
"NO KE AHA ʻOE I HA'I ʻOLE MAI AI IA'I HE MEA HOU AʻE ʻOE!"

"Aye! You didn't ask! It's not My job to tell you who does and doesn't come in here every day. If anything, I think Trixie tells people that one." Rosemary grumbled, "You guys should still tell me when a new person starts working here! She accused me of breaking in!"

"Oh, did she? Hm. Well, whatever– I guess I should tell you these things more often." Nyx said. "I don't care if it's you to tell me or someone else, but I NEED to know, because I live here! Jesus."

"Hot-head." Nyx rolls her eyes, "We will next time! I wasn't coming for you or something of that sort." Rosemary stared at her angrily before walking back through the wall to the front of the cafe where they were about to open.