Chapter 4 • Sleepover

— — Closing time

Nyx was running a bit late, which she hoped wouldn't upset Rosemary too terribly. She used her key and stepped through the doors, and went to knock on the pantry door. Rosemary opened the door, their hair tied in a messy bun and her makeup wiped off completely. "Oh hi. Thought you weren't coming." "Well, why would I just leave you? It was just ten minutes, which I am deeply sorry for." Nyx looked at the bag that was strapped around her shoulder.

"Come in, I didn't mean to block the entrance." Her eyes were a bit red. "It's a non-issue! Come over to my office. I've got an inflatable mattress for the time being." Rose smiled at Nyx, following her to the office.

"I think you deserve to know why I was running late." Nyx said, and crouched down to plug in the mattress. She slid the bag she was holding over to Rosemary. "Open that!" Rose looked surprised. "Thank you." She opened the bag and pulled out a Nintendo 3DS. "Oh my- thank you. Hoʻomaikaʻi iā ʻoe, a me kou ʻuhane lokomaikaʻi" "Not a problem! My little cousin sold that to me for like, 25 Dollars. It's already got a few games on there."

"You're the best. I'm glad we're friends." Rose smiled, making Nyx's heart fasten. "Yeah. As am I!" Nyx was smiling a little bit too big. Rose grabbed Nyx and hugged her tightly, causing Nyx to both melt into the hug, and also gasp for air.

Rose let go of her, realizing she was squeezing her hard. "Do you wanna watch something?" "Yeah! What's on your mind?" Rosemary grabbed the TV remote from Nyx's desk, "I'm thinking, The Owl House." "Ah yes, my favorite magical sapphic show." Nyx said.

They got through half of the first season before Rose fell asleep on Nyx's shoulder, she was obviously tired. Nyx noticed this and turned the show off. "We can watch more tomorrow." She softly said, patting Rose gently, before drifting off to sleep herself.