2 | FIRST MEETING

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

EDWARD'S POV:
(25 years old)

"Edward, are you ready to meet them?" My mom shouted from outside the room.
"No but are you going to listen to me?" I asked her angrily.
"No" she said bluntly.

It has been a month since my parents made the marriage proposal, and the fact that they didn't even care to tell me for a week angered me. Why are they so eager to get me married, I'm just 25, for God's sake. I've never had the thought of marriage in my mind, it has always been work, work and work. I've never even had a girlfriend. I don't do relationships, they are sick.

Today, we had to meet their family. I didn't know their names. I can't stop thinking about how the girl would be, not telling that I'm eager to see her, but it's natural you know, the curiosity.

We sat in the car and drove to their house.
"Mom, I don't want to marry just yet, im so young." I whined.
"Young, my head. You have grown like a pig. It's getting hard for me and your papa to take care of you, we are getting old, we need to see our grandkids before dying." she said dramatically.

"Mom don't bullshit me, you guys are in your 50s, that's not even that old." I spat angrily.

"Language mister." she said glaring at me and as I was going to continue the arguement, we reached their mansion. Shit man, I so wanted to win that argument.

The mansion was pretty big but not bigger than ours, it was pretty colorful and had gardens around unlike ours which looked like a jail. We entered through a huge gate and saw a pretty woman, in her 50s, who opened the door. My mom hugged her tightly as if they had been besties from years. Fake love.

"Hello Amanda, it's been a while." she said holding the woman's hands.
"The last time we saw each other was in our high school, gosh you haven't changed a bit. Still as young and beautiful." She exclaimed. Oh they really know each other. Not fake love. Nevermind.

"You too." my mom said smiling at her.
"Oh my God, I forgot to let you guys in, I'm so sorry, please get in." She welcomed us after what felt like an year.

Amanda's husband descended the stairs. "Nice to meet you Mr. Hiller." he shook my father's hand and my father replied "Nice to meet you too Mr. Williams."

Williams? That sounded vaguely familiar.

"You can go and check the house Edward." Mrs. Williams said. She was such a sweet soul.

I strolled around the house as she said. The interiors, the walls and furniture were properly designed and placed. I was so in love with the house. I checked all rooms. I suddenly opened a certain door of a certain room where I found a certain woman who stood there in a yellow dress with her back facing me. The only problem was, the zip of her dress was open. Shit. I did a grave mistake.

As soon as she felt my presence, she shouted in a low tone
"Ahh, who are yo-" she stopped when she turned and saw me. Her jaw dropped and I was as surprised as her.

"Edward?"

"Amelia?"

"You dumbass, you pervert, you followed me till my house, how dare you? HELP SOMEONE, HEL-" She started shouting but I was quick enough to put my hand on her mouth.

"Listen to me first, I'm not a pervert and I didn't follow you. My parents bought me here due to some shit marriage proposal." I said and I realized

"Don't tell me I'm supposed to marry y-" I said but she cut me off.

"Don't you dare complete that sentence, no way in hell am I going to do that." she whisper yelled.

"Don't worry, feelings are mutual." I said and anger surged through her and we both moved forward with our foreheads touching. Welooked at each other like we will kill each other the next second but fortunately and unfortunately a girl entered the room.

"Oh my God, you guys are already kissing." she exclaimed excitedly.

"Shut up Sara, me? And kissing him? Never gonna happen." she huffed arrogantly.

"As if I'm going to let you." I shot back.

"Ok chill guys, looks like you already know each other, good. Now, let's go down, parents are calling."

We both huffed in annoyance and went down, looking angrily at each other from time to time.

"Let's keep the marriage on the next weekend, what do you say?" Mrs. Williams asked my parents and they agreed.

What is this, is it them or us getting married? Not even asking our permission before setting the date at least.

After the discussion, we went back home and at night, I called my asshole of a friend, Jason.

"Hey bro, whats up, how did the meeting go?" He asked enthusiastically.

Then I told him about how we met.

"Bro that's destiny, enemies to lovers. How romantic." He said and I sighed. He will never change. Lovesick fool.

"Enemies to lovers, my butt, we won't even become good friends, you wait and see." I challenged him.

"Let's see. By the way, when is the marriage?" he asked.

"Oh ya, I forgot the real reason why I called you. I formally invite you to my wedding which is supposed to be the next weekend." I said with an exaggeration.

"Shut up, formal invitation it seems, I'll come even if you won't invite me, not for you but for the food." he said.

"Shameless creature." I said and we both laughed. We talked for an hour and then we ended the call.

I tried to sleep but couldn't thinking about my new life with the girl I hate the most. I don't know how it will go. Let's hope for the best.