6 | THE STALKER

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

AMELIA'S POV:

I woke up to the alarm that I set yesterday. I hurriedly got dressed up for the office.
Then I went down to have my breakfast when I saw Edward already in his suit sitting near the dining table.
We had our breakfast then I bid him goodbye and as I was about to go he asked

"Wait, how do you go to your office?" he asked.
"By bus." I said.
"I'll drop you." He said.
"Its okay. I'll just go by bus." I argued but he just dragged me with him.
What just happened? He... Oh god, am I dreaming?

The whole ride was awkward. After reaching my office, I bid him goodbye and stepped out of the car and he left.

As I entered the office, I saw my boss who called me to her room immediately. I thought it was and emergency and rushed to her room. She was not in Boss mood but in Emily when no one is there.

"Why are you smiling ear to ear? Did you guys already do the deeds?" she asked curiously.

"Oh, shut up Em." I said looking at her.

"ok, so are you going to tell me the reason behind your lit up face?" she asked me.

I told her whatever happened in past two days. She squealed shaking my shoulders with her hands.

"Are you kidding me, did he really drop you here? Oh my god, that's literally like 'enemies to lovers' story" she said controlling her loud squeal.

"Okay, so why did you actually call me?" I asked her.

"A very good news, do you remember a week ago I applied for the advertising of a company's product, that company has accepted our idea. It's a very big company Amelia, can you believe it?" She said with exhilaration.

"Woahhhhh" I jumped and hugged her tightly. We both were jumping like idiots.

We all worked very hard to get a deal like this. I still remember the times when Em and I used to sit up late nights drinking and she used to be so depressed that she thought to shut down the company. I used to console her every night that it's going to be fine. Even the employees used to encourage her all the time, working overtime to achieve her dream.

Slowly, the company started getting attention. And today, a big company approaching to us felt surreal.

"We have a meeting tomorrow, so prepare all the files and prepare a presentation." She ordered turning on her 'boss mode'.

"Yes ma'am." I said and she chuckled.

I left her room and announced it to all the employees and all of then applauded. Since we had a lot of work, we had to stay until late night.

After the work was done we bid our goodbyes and I had to search for a taxi. It had never been this late. I would always leave for home by 8pm. But today it was 11pm already. There were no taxis and thankfully there were still people on road, so I thought to walk as Edward's house was not so far from my office.

I started walking when I suddenly felt someone following me, I was shit scared. I didn't know what to do and kept on walking. My heart started pounding faster. He started picking up speed. He was now speedwalking.

It felt like I couldn't breathe. I tried to turn on my phone only to see that the battery was dead.

I was in the verge of tears when.......

EDWARD'S POV:

It's 11pm and she is still not home. I was getting worried about her. I called her several times but she didn't lift, I was getting tensed now. I hurried to my car and strode off to her office. But, fortunately, I found her on the road and I saw a guy in a black hoodie following her. I drove faster and stopped near her. She immediately hopped onto the car and that stalker ran away.

I looked at her face. She neither spoke anything nor cried. She just stayed silent. I thought it was not the right place to discuss about it, so drove off to our house.

After getting in, she removed her shoes and coat and sat on the sofa. I kneeled down in front of her holding her hands and she instantly bursted out with tears. I could see how scared she was. I slowly sat on the sofa and I hugged her and she buried her face in my chest and started crying more.

She had always been like this. Even when everyone used to bully her in high-school, she never cried in front of them but whenever she was alone she used to burst out.

We sat on the couch for almost like 15 minutes. None of us spoke anything. Only her sniffles could be heard.
"Go get changed and then we can have dinner, hmm." I said with concern.
"I'm not hungry, you eat." She said and I didn't want to argue.

I went up to my room and she went to hers. I didn't want her to sleep alone after what happened. Will she be okay? Or should I go to her room? She might be uncomfortable, let's just leave.

After a while, she entered the room with her blanket and a pillow
"Can I sleep here today?" She said pointing at the couch beside the bed.
"No, you sleep on the bed, I'll sleep on the couch." I said.
"No, please let me just sleep here, I don't want to trouble you." She said and I agreed not wanting to argue about it.
And we both eventually slept.

I woke up with sunlight slapping my face. "Arghh" I said a little loudly but then I could feel something heavy on my hand and my waist. I turned to my right to see Amelia's head on my hand and her hand around my waist. I was surprised. I turned to face her.

She looked so pure, I placed the hair strands falling on her face behind her ear. Her cute snores. The best part 'her smile'. I loved it when she smiled while sleeping. I wished we could stay like this forever.

I hate feeling like this. Before, I used to be angry and used to fight with her all the time, making plots to prank her.

Now I don't know what happened but whenever I see her, I get a weird feeling which I had never felt before and I dont want to feel it. Its just making my ego go down the gutter.

Just then I got a message. I slowly got out of her grip and saw the message.