🛏️4🛏️ Test of Patience

EXPERIMENT 25 LOG 1
Today, we start things simple. Behavioral/social experiments. Although, for Subjects 1-3, perhaps it's more of a competence experiment. By the looks of the end result, they aren't very competent! Next log I'll talk about the second half of the experiment!

   Everyone had fallen asleep on the floor. There weren't any beds, although most of them didn't have beds outside the lab anyways. At least the floor here was comfortable enough.

   Air Mattress was content to stay sleeping on the white floor, but she couldn't shake the feeling that something was off. Groaning, she opened her eyes and sat up. Surprisingly, she seemed to be the first one to wake up.

   Looking at the others for a brief moment, she noticed something different about them. Then she realized why she was the first one to wake up. Looking down at her leg, she noticed a strange bracelet with a green glowing circle on her ankle, just like the bracelets everyone else now had on their wrists. Even Spork had a bracelet around it.

   "I can't be comfortable with this on..." Air Mattress complained. "What is it...?"

   Everyone else began waking up. They quickly took notice of their new accessories. Panic and confusion began.

   "Gah!" Folder jumped back, although she couldn't escape the bracelet on her wrist. "Wh-what is this?!"

   "Where did we get these?" Coughdrop poked at his with curiosity. "Do they do anything, or is it just for style?"

   Stone looked around, until his eyes landed on Spork. "Are you serious? Even the Spork has one?"

   "I was forced awake by this annoying device on my ankle." Air Mattress announced. "I don't know when it got there, but I can't sleep comfortably with it!"

   "Good." Stone muttered to himself. Air Mattress shot him a glare.

   "Ah!" The intercom crackled on, and Cactus was visible in the viewing window. "I see you're all awake, and have already noticed something's different!"

   "Wait!" Coughdrop stage-whispered. "Spork isn't awake yet! Be quieter!"

   Cactus looked at him, annoyed. She took a deep breath... and then screamed into her microphone.

   It was times like this that Air Mattress wished she had arms so she could cover her ears like everyone else did. "What was that for?!" She yelled once Cactus finished.

   "That'll teach Spork for sleeping through my announcements!" Cactus seemed proud of herself. Did she seriously think Spork could sleep or wake up?

   "Aw... good morning Spork." Coughdrop said.

   "SILENCE! Anyways..." Cactus cleared her throat. "I'll explain what the devices on you guys are in a moment. In the meantime, just know they won't do anything... yet."

   "C-can't you explain them now?" Folder asked.

   "No! It's for the experiments today!" Cactus sighed like she was disappointed in the group. "Speaking of... I will be splitting you into pairs for this experiment! BUT! There are five of you! Which in case you morons didn't know, IS NOT AN EVEN NUMBER!"

   "We know what even numbers are, and are you seriously counting Spork as a person?" Stone said.

   "He's not Subject 1 for no reason!" Cactus retorted. "But Subject 1 and Subject 2 are both rather useless, so I will count them as one person for the day."

   "Which one is Subject 2 again?" Air Mattress asked.

   "YOU." Stone rolled his eyes. "I don't see any other useless..." he trailed off, looking at Coughdrop and Folder. "Actually, never mind. I see where the confusion comes from."