roofied

Sound the alarms, NEW FIC COMING THROUGH! This is my input on how I was thinking the scorching went down. Now I know that it won't matter in the future, considering that it's been rumored that Tui was going to tell us how it went down. But this fic has more uses than just giving my input on how the scorching went down. It will eventually tie in with my other fic "Wings of Power".

"Stupid scientist, I just want to get some sleep and forget this crap all happened" muttering as I head down to the mess hall. It takes forever to get there from the officer hall. I smile a little bit thinking of my home, the USS Carl Vinson, newest and the biggest aircraft carrier in the whole United States Navy. Home to over six thousand men and woman. I am proud to call this carrier my home, and I would die protecting it if I had to.

I opened the door to the mess hall, and it didn't even take me a minute to spot the scientist. He stuck out like a sore thumb compared to everybody else, wearing what he was wearing. He was also looking every which way looking at all the sights that were new to him.

I exhale in frustration, "Dear lord, I hope he isn't as clueless as the information people."

I walked up beside the scientist and sat down next to him. I looked to the server at the bar and gave him a nod, he knew what I wanted. My usual beer. The server just nodded and started pouring me one.

"Allright, what do you want?" I sighed out looking at the person next to me. The scientist snapped out of his daydreaming, "Ohh my, sorry I was daydreaming." the scientist said fixing their glasses. "Hello, it's an honor to finally meat you, I am a HUGE fan of yours! You are actually my inspiration to become a military scientist!"

"Thanks" I muttered in shock. That... that actually meant a lot to me, all I usually get is hate from people with my aggressive approach, and from all the hippies back in the states.

The scientist offered his hand, I shook it, "My name is Dave, I am from the aerospace department of defense."

"Dan, Black leader" I answered back, introducing myself. The scientist gave me a slight smile, "Ohh trust me, I know all about you, you're a two-time ace, best Tomcat pilot out there, and the Russians have dubbed you as the black death."

"ohh wow! Somebody who knows who they are talking to too," I think to myself. I just give him a nod.

The scientist wipes the smile off of his face, "Anyway, I am here with an important matter."

"What are we talking about here?" I ask him right back, wondering what could be so important.

"More important than the blackbird." He answered right back...

Now that, that is important, I was one of the pilots that got to test the SR-71 blackbird, sadly going to have to say I'm more than likely never going to get to experience the thrills of Mach 3 again, they only let certain people that are specially trained to get to fly those.

"Why did you come to me then?" I ask him, wondering why he even would want to approach me with this, did they want me to test a new jet?

"You are the best pilot America has, and your loyalty and record is impeccable, everybody in the department chose you for this by popular vote." Dave answered simply. "So what do you say?"

Now I'm confused, "You haven't told me what it even is yet?"

"Sorry, can't tell you what it is until you accept, you know... security reasons and all that." Dave said smiling, "But do know, if you accept, you're going to have to leave for a while, but think of it as more of a... vacation"

I frowned at that. I didn't want to leave the ship... I did need a vacation, I haven't left the carrier in almost a year now, and if this was anything like the blackbird, I knew that it would be an absolute blast. "All right, I accept." I sighed out, regretting it already.