Guizhong

As Zhongli strolled through the Guili plains, he planned to visit that lone glaze lily.

"Hmm.. hmm"

He heard melodious humming sounds in the direction of the glaze lily and gasped. It was Guizhong's voice! He ran towards the sound and saw a figure sitting next to the glaze lily. It looked exactly like Guizhong.

"Hello?" Zhongli called out tentatively.

"Hey! I'm Guizhong!"

Zhongli was stunned. It was impossible, he saw Guizhong die in front of his eyes.

"And before you ask, no I'm not the goddess of dust. I come from a Mingyun village. My parents named me after the great Lady Guizhong since they said I look like her."

"My descendants come from the Guili plains. They said a beautiful and kind goddess ruled there but she was killed in the archon war."

"Who are you?"

"U-um I-im Zhongli, nice to meet you." Zhongli stammered.

Zhongli was sure she was Guizhong. But how was it possible that Guizhong had survived?

After a moment, it hit him. Guizhong did die just that she had been reincarnated as a mortal girl. It was bittersweet for him. At last he gets to see his beloved again but she is not immortal and does not remember him.

Guizhong hit him on his shoulder. Zhongli was abruptly startled from his thoughts by a not so subtle smack on his shoulder.

"Ow!"

"Oops I thought you were sleeping standing up."

Zhongli laughed at the absurdness of the situation and felt truly happy for once in a long time.

Guizhong giggled at his behaviour and this incited feelings in his heart he had not felt since Guizhong's death.

Maybe life wouldn't be so bad after all.