Cold

Cold. That was the first thought that came to Guizhong's mind when she regained consciousness. Slowly, her eyes fluttered open as she groaned in pain. Her limbs and joints were all stiff.

She slowly sat up and surveyed her surroundings. No wonder she was so cold. She was in a stone room. How odd, she thought. Then it hit her.

She was in a cell. A cold hard prison cell to be exact.

The only light was from the corridor and she couldn't even make out day or night. There were no windows or openings. It was just stone. And cold. There was no warmth.

Just then, a clanging sound startled her. She nearly fell back against the wall in fright. Something was shoved through the grilled bars of the cell.

What was it? A lump of substance on a tray? As she looked toward it curiously, the guard yelled callously "Meals are once a day. "

She cocked her head in confusion. A meal? That did not look remotely like a meal.

Her head buzzed dully as she struggled to remember what happened. It seemed that it was she was having a peaceful day no? Why out of the blue she woke up in a prison?

Her stomach issued a timely growl as she felt as if she hadn't eaten in days. Suddenly, the disgusting lump in front of her looked all the more appetizing. She held back her bile as she swallowed the substance thickly. 

No matter what happened, she had to survive by any means possible.

*Back in liyue harbor

Zhongli was searching around frantically. He had not seen hide or hair of Guizhong for the past 2 days and was very worried. After the ancient power returned to her, she would have been at her weakest state. So what happened to her? He has already enlisted all the help he could get but searched to no avail.

Then, it struck him. All the happenings in liyue harbor would be known by the liyue Qixing. In other words, Ningguang. Feeling hope at his idea, Zhongli rushed to the Jade chamber and asked Ningguang about what happened to Guizhong. Ningguang sneered in her heart before answering that she did not know. She was certain that she could let Guizhong stay locked up forever and without her in the way, slowly earn Zhongli's heart.

Zhongli was heartbroken, seeing that even Ningguang didn't know where Guizhong had gone. It was as if she had vanished off the face of the earth.