The goddess of dust

Guizhong started to hallucinate in the prison. It was as if memories of someone else's life was flooding her mind. She remembered bits and fragments of her past life, gaining her previous great wisdom and knowledge. "So.. I'm really the goddess Guizhong??"

One could say that the prison environment was a silver lining for her. She was not bothered by anyone, had barely enough food but could still survive and could take her time to sort out her memories. Just then, someone in the memories caught her eye. "Eh? Why does this man look so familiar? But isn't most people from that time already long dead?"

The man had two golden horns spiralling out of his head and arms glowing with geo energy. It seemed that his relationship with Guizhong was quite good considering the familiarity of their interaction. The man stood still with his eyes closed seemingly at peace. "Is he falling asleep standing up? Haha...wait a moment...!!" Realisation struck Guizhong as she stood up in shock. Why did that man have 8 points of similarities to Zhongli. In fact, they were identical if not for the horns and the outfit.

"How could it be?" Guizhong was puzzled. Isn't he Morax, the god of contracts and the CEO of Geo? Then her wisdom backfired on her. She remembered that there was news that Rex Lapis, the geo archon, also known as Morax had passed. Her brain whirred as she tried to figure out what happened.

Feeling the onset of a headache, she decided to put aside that paradox and continue sorting through her memories. And so, time passed by indiscriminately. Thousands of years of memories were condensed into a few weeks. Thinking back on the past, Guizhong felt a deep connection with Morax and now a thread of fate connecting her and Zhongli.

She was determined to uncover the truth and so the first step was to escape the prison. Guizhong was completely clueless as to why someone would want her locked up in jail. Thinking back, it didn't seem as if she had provoked anyone's ire and so her confusion never faded. She sighed deeply, she was a mere human without even a Vision. How was she ever going to escape.

Like her prayers were answered, a ghostly voice whispered to her.

You are me and I am you. A god's power, no matter how weak, is still stronger than any mortal's. Do you worry that you cannot escape? Have you forgotten who you truly are? Embrace your past and strive for the future. Only then can we return to our formal glory little one. We are one.

Guizhong was stunned. The voice was hers yet not hers. It was the past Guizhong's. And it spoke the truth. The past moulds the present and affects the future. She should accept those memories as her own beacause they are hers. She and the past Guizhong were one body and soul. With this realisation a change formed. Her wisdom and acceptance unlocked her abilities.

The dust in the prison cell suddenly whirred in a violent whirlwind before settling down. And it symbolised the rise of goddess of dust from the ashes of the past.