Chapter 3. Joining the Black Enchanted

Moonlight leaked into the massive marble interior of Myeschia Palace, providing only illumination as Genevieve sat on her throne. A place where Genevieve would usually be at peace, a place where she could sit and breathe in the beauty that was her domain.

It had been five years after her father's death, and her imminent revenge toward Queen Eleanor and those who tortured her could not be precluded.

Luxurious as it was, Myeschia's opulence could be traced in every corner. The golden eagle was emblazoned upon its doomed roof and carved out of the stone that made up the palace's walls.

In the middle of the crowd were those servants, warriors in shiny armor, including Alureo and Reverino, Celestials in gothic silver celucke dresses, and noble ladies dripping in lavish jewelry with their best attire. For them, power is everything— a power that will conquer the cruelty of the world in which they exist.

"So, you didn't slay the Queen?" asked the woman clad in a black steampunk gothic dress with a quizzical gaze. Her name is Czarina, the Healing Goddess of Hertis Trinity who cast power on Genevieve when she was on the verge of death.

"I have other plans," replied Genevieve in a most determined tone.

"How generous of you, Genevieve. You had an opportunity to kill her but chose not to."

Genevieve stood up from her throne, striding over the goddess of healing. "And how would you know I will succeed if I heed your words?"

"This is not about words, Genevieve. You knew perfectly well that Eleanor was the perpetrator. She killed your father. She made you suffer. And that is enough to finish her existence before she could wreak more detriment." Czarina's eyes burned intensely.

"No."

Czarina shook her head and respired. "This is the luxury chance you have to kill that evil concubine. Don't tell me you didn't ask for it."

"Of course I did." Genevieve stepped closer, causing some onlookers to back away in fright. Her eyes gleamed with fury. "No numbers can estimate how numerous times I pledge to the Almighty to take away all the pain; this is the upshot. He granted my entreaty by letting me cast my power toward her until I could slay her."

"And I came to hear your bewailing heart." Czarina locked her eyes on her with so much avidity to persuade her. "To avenge."

"This is why killing isn't my first choice. I want it done painfully. I want it done slowly. I want it done callously. So I could hear her begging for my mercy. All of them!"

Her words are full of conviction. Czarina nodded with acknowledgment upon witnessing how much Genevieve wished for such a fate. "My support is yours then. The last prophecy is soon to fall. Surely, our greatest adversary will attack us anytime, and I want you to be ready."

She smiled, her face radiant with the fact that the war would soon begin. However, the paramount she wanted to fulfill was revenge and wreck the Farloja Palace just as the Queen destroyed her.

"But remember this," Czarina trailed off, heaved a deep sigh. "Do not let your power lead you astray. We kill for justice, to stop the cruelty, not to gain it."

"I must concede that you're right. But don't fret too much." Genevieve shot her a wide beam.

"I'm just giving you a sign. And therefore, if I slander or mis-say, hold me free from blame." Czarina tossed her a warning look. "I don't mean to intervene, but Eleanor is not just an ordinary foe. Just like us, she's not a mortal. You know my healing ability was no longer perpetual since I gave you life; only Freya possessed the eternal one. Be careful, and don't let them know who you are."