Chapter 7. The unconquered one

"I surrender to you my fidelity as well as my powers."

"Then show me Ravena and Greg for the sake of your existence," ordered Genevieve. Her voice sounded callous and distant, making Magus Empress quiver at its effect.

"You'd kill them two?"

"Yes."

"What if I didn't comply?"

"You'll suffer greatly until you lose your breath."

"And if I did?"

"Then I'll give you a reward." Genevieve jerked her head toward the unconscious body of witches bestrewn on the floor.

Genevieve lifted her left hand and created a swirling vortex of fluorescent smoke, allowing it to escape from her palm and fly toward the unconscious witches. They all floated in the air like puppets and suddenly roused from their torpor like nothing had happened. "They're still alive. I will not kill them if you do my favor."

"Your wish will surely be granted, Your Majesty," swore Magus Empress before she stood up in front of her.

The feeling is beyond indulging that Genevieve's desires would have been fulfilled. She knew perfectly well it was the only way to gain what she wanted, to take vengeance on whoever was behind Freya's death.

Nonetheless, the satisfaction was only a tiny taste of her pleasure while looking sternly upon the Magus Empress who stood before her. Her power was so potent that not even the powerful witches could withstand its influence.

When the witches finally descended to the ground, they bowed to her respectfully.But before the scenario escalated further, a loud booming voice cut through the tense atmosphere.

"Liar!" said the newcomer loudly enough to make everyone look at her in surprise. Queen Eleanor appeared out of nowhere, followed by four guardsmen wearing their armor. "Tell me who you are!"

"Watch your step, Queen Eleanor! She's not what you think she is!" Magus Empress took a threatening step forward, but then Genevieve raised her left hand and caused a wave of fluorescent smoke to drift in front of Magus Empress' legs and compel her to stumble backward several steps.

"She's what?!"

"She's not a mortal girl. She's stronger than us," stated one of the Black Enchanted.

"Step aside!" ordered the Queen, which quickly obeyed the four guardsmen.

The brave lady Genevieve glared at the Queen unperturbedly from a distance. Seeing her face filled her heart with profuse outrage and pain, especially when she recalled her father's demise and how her life turned to hell. But now, her entire being consisted solely of vengeance against the people she abhorred most, especially the Queen.

In the midst of this brief silence, Queen Eleanor ambled forward, and the floor shook violently with every step she took. Cracks began appearing everywhere as though an enormous earthquake was taking place underneath.

"Who are you?!" shouted Queen Eleanor angrily, but the reply came from no one other than Genevieve.

"You know what? Your dim consciousness about infinite mystery is my strength. And I pity you for that."

"My patience is too short for you to handle, Genevieve! Introduce yourself to me; that's an order from the Queen!"

"I wasn't born to explicate myself to a mindless creature in this land, and if I did... expect your death at last." the words pricked Queen Eleanor to the core, yet she continued staring at Genevieve without any sign of fear.