Chapter 6. Genevieve in fluorescent

"Freya is dead."

Those words were reiterated over and over in her head as Genevieve stared at the corpse lying on a crypt stone coffin. This Freya is her confidant, who she trusted so much. She is a sorcery who can control magic to a borderline unnatural degree. She's the only living sorcery who possesses an eternal healing ability. But she was now lifeless, coldly still. Freya had died in the pain of the spell. She hadn't even been able to fight back before the spell took effect.

"She was murdered by an assassin named Ravena. She was also a witch who had killed our several allies in the Citadel of Areje yesterday," reported Alureo while standing beside Genevieve, who was now utterly in the throes of a grievous scenario.

"Sum up all of the information you have so far. I need something substantial," decreed Genevieve; her eyes dripped with spite like a blazing fire. However, she managed to keep her face impassive while she spoke, though she would never let this matter go. 

Alureo nodded curtly before continuing to elucidate his information. "There were two assassins, Ravena and Greg. Both had their faces masked, which meant they didn't want to be seen by anyone else. But those two assassins weren't living in the Farloja Palace. There were also witches in black dresses with veils, conical hats, and Moliere shoes. Our side had suffered heavy casualties."

Rage was bubbling like lava on the edge of Genevieve's heart. Her fist balled itself into a tight. She felt anger welling inside her as the bloodlust for vengeance grew stronger. 

"Benedetta!" shouted Genevieve as she abruptly turned to look at the burgundy-haired woman standing not too far from her. She's one of the most inferior Celestials living in Myeschia Palace.

"What can I do for you, Your Majesty?" she queried, slightly bowing her head.

"Find out who did it. Lead everyone in your way."

"Anything else, Your Majesty?"

"Bring me their head. And don't expect me to let you step into my palace without it."

After delivering those words, Genevieve shut her eyes and let a robust thunder and storm cloud outside but enough to shake the ground beneath her feet and threaten everyone. She then screamed with so much power and fury that Alureo visibly flinched under the intensity of it.

"Leave me now!"

A massive dread crept along Benedetta's spine, and she gulped nervously but stayed subdued for the sake of order. "Your wish is my command, Your Majesty." 

Without lingering for another word, Benedetta immediately scurried toward the castle's main wall while shouting orders. Within seconds, she gathered all the celestials and apprised the demand they must obey.

Meanwhile, Genevieve stood still before the coffin of the woman she once considered an essential creature she ever had in her life aside from Czarina. Freya is the only living sorcery with endless healing ability, and now that she's gone, no one else has it either.

To convey Genevieve's tremendous outburst, she didn't waver in returning to Farloja Palace and executing her scheme of vengeance.

In just an instant, she reached the Farloja Palace. She went directly to the Glym, where Black Enchanted and Carexia resided. Everyone was stupefied upon seeing Genevieve and the fury seething through her eyes. 

"Genevieve? You should've asked permission before entering. That's one of the rules," said Magus Empress, who had been holding a book in front of the bubbling cauldron. "You cannot simply barge into this property uninvited."

Before Magus Empress could articulate further, Genevieve walked straight to the center, ignoring her words. 

"Show me the two assassins named Ravena and Greg," she commanded.