Chapter Six

Willa's P.O.V.

"Dinner is at six!" mom called from downstairs.

"Okay!" I yelled back. I looked at the clock and said to everyone "It's only 4 so we have plenty of time to talk."

"What do we talk about?" Alice asked.

"How long have you been gay?" I asked Jackson.

"Since I was in 9th grade." He admitted.

"Why didn't you tell me before now?" I asked him.

"Because I thought you'd judge me." He said.

"I've already judged you! And I've declared you as an amazing brother." I told him. He grinned sheepishly and gave me a hug.

"Aww! Sibling love!" Alice cooed.

"Oh hush now." I told Alice. She giggled and I playfully shoved her.

"You don't talk much, do you?" Alice asked Chelsea.

"Not really." Chelsea said.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" Alice asked.

"No." Chelsea replied.

"Well that's why." Alice pointed out.

"Alice!" I said.

"What?" she asked.

"Of course your girlfriend would be blunt." Jackson said.

"Shut it. Hey, do you have a boyfriend?" I asked.

"Well... yeah." Jackson blushed.

"Oh my gosh!!!! Let me meet him!!!!" I practically yelled.

"Be quiet! Mom and dad don't and shouldn't know."Jackson scolded.

"Why not?" Alice asked.

"Because their super religious. I mean, I'm religious, but I don't think it's a crime to be gay like they do." I explained. Alice nodded.

"Say, Chelsea, a girl like you ought to have a girlfriend. Why don't you? You know, in all seriousness here." Alice asked.

"Well, no one knows this about me except you that are in this room."

"Are they super religious too?" Alice asked. Man, I didn't know Alice was this talkative.

"No, they'd probably understand. I'm just too scared to admit it. I always thought when I had a girlfriend I'd come out to them, but I don't have a girlfriend because no one knows I want one."

"Just tell them. We'll be emotional support. You don't need a girlfriend to tell them." I told her. She nodded. "Plus, after you tell them you can tell other people and then you'll get a girl!" She smiled and gave me one of those thank-you looks.

"Hey did you know there's a dance at the school tomorrow? Alice asked me.

"Oh yeah, it's this big charity thing actually. The whole community is invited. You guys should come." I said, gesturing towards Chelsea and Jackson.

"I don't know..." Jackson said.

"I already know that mom and dad and some of their friends are going out on this missionary trip for the next few days. No one that knows them will be there so you could bring your boyfriend. And Chelsea, you could mingle a little and see if you meet any lesbians." I said flirtatiously. Jackson smiled and Chelsea sighed in defeat. "Great! We're all going then!"

"Is it formal?" Chelsea asked.

"Yes. Dresses and tuxedoes are needed. You have to pay for admission, that's how their getting money for the charity. It's like ten dollars a person." I told them. "So Jackson, what's his name?" I asked.

"Chance Blaix."He smiled and blushed.

"Aww, how cute!" I cooed.

"Now it's your turn to shut it." He said.

We all laughed a bit and spent most of the time before dinner cracking jokes and talking nonsense.

"Man, I haven't laughed so much in decades." Jackson said.

"Your only 21!" I said. We all laughed some more until Jackson spoke up.

"Are Kingston and Misty coming?" he asked.

 "I hope they do, I haven't seen them since we started college." Chelsea said.

"Yeah, their coming. You really haven't talked at all?" I asked. Chelsea shook her head and I continued on talking. "Then you don't know, do you? About Misty?" Chelsea shook her head again and Jackson gave me this what-haven't-you-told-me look. "She's a lesbian too."

Jackson laughed and I gave him a look. "What?" I asked.

  "This whole town really is gay!"He exclaimed. We all laughed and had a good time until my mom called for us and said dinner was ready.

We ate our chicken salad in silence for a while until mom finally spoke.

"I'm gonna miss you all while we're on this mission trip." She said, giving us a sad smile. They were leaving in an hour and they won't be back for another three days.

"I love you, mom." I said.

"I love you too. I love all of you. It's too bad this mission trip is now, I really wanted to spent time with Jackson and Chelsea while you guys are on break. How long until you go back?" she asked.

"Three days." Jackson said.

"Well I love you two. I guess I won't see you both until summer. I feel like I'm sending two of my kids to college. Chelsea I've known you since you we're in kindergarten, when you and Jackson became friends. Well I love you all. I have to go to my room and finish packing." Mom walked off sadly. This dinner was a bummer.