Chapter Twelve

Willa's P.O.V.

My parents are coming home today and Jackson was supposed to be going back to college.

He decided to stay a few more days and tell mom and dad about him being engaged, to a boy. We live in Maine, so it is allowed here. They're actually seems to be quite a few gays here in our little town called Raena. Alice and I came back to my house after she got her new look and we went up to Jacksons room. He looked at us and gave us a nervous smile.

"Mom texted me, they'll be here in twenty minutes." I said.

"Where's Chance?" Alice asked.

"I texted him before you came, he'll be here soon." I nodded, grateful that he'd be here before my parents. We sat down and talked for a moment and I tried to calm his nerves but he jumped when he heard the doorbell.

"It's probably just Chance." I said reassuringly and I walked down stairs and opened the door.

"Hey Willa." Chance said with a smile. Ever since he got here, we've done a lot of talking.

He's very sweet and I think he's perfect for my brother. He already treats me like family so he might as well become family legally. We went upstairs to Jackson and he smiled.

"Hey Jackson." Chance said in his normal sweet tone. Jackson seemed to calm down a bit but then he instantly became nervous again. "Don't be nervous, hun. It'll all work out."

We then talked about what would happen if things went bad. Chance has already told his mother and she approves of him and can't wait till the wedding. If my parents disapprove then Jackson can stay with Chance and his mom when there's college breaks if he has to. Chance has been working on finding them an apartment here though and he is really close to getting one. If the disapprove and find out that I am gay as well then Chance promised that he'd make sure I could move in with his mom or him if he gets an apartment. I really love this guy, he's sweet and caring and so very perfect for Jackson. I am so happy they met. Jackson's life will be great all because he met him.  Time had passed quickly and soon we heard a ringing.

"Oh no..." Jackson said with a terrified and nervous look.

"It'll be fine, I promise." Chance said and smiled which made Jackson smile too.

We walked down stairs and Jackson opened the door.

"Jackson! You're here! Oh my gosh sweetie I thought you had to go back to college!" Mom yelled. He gave her and dad a nervous smile.

"Well I decided to wait a few days so I could see you more." He told them. Mom looked over and noticed Chance and Alice.

"Who are you two?" She asked.

"This is Chance and Alice, our friends." I said. Mom smiled and nodded at them then took her stuff and put it away in her room. She walked back to the living room with dad and they sat down on one of the couches and Jackson and chance sat in the other. Alice and I just stood near the back of the living room for support for Jackson.

"Mom, they're something I have to tell you." He said.

"What is it dear?" she asked.

"Well... um..." he said nervously.

"Spit it out, son. Come on, what is it? Need more college money? Oh no, are you dropping out of college? Please tell me your not dropping out of college." Dad said.

"No, no. Nothing like that. It's a much... bigger.... thing." Jackson said. Mom and dad stayed quiet and just looked at him.

"I'm... gay." He said and chance held his hand. Moms mouth dropped and so did dads.

"What?" mom asked quietly.

"I said... I'm gay." He repeated.

"No! No son of mine will be that word. You are a good religious kid, you will NOT be gay.

Never! And let go of that boys hand!" he yelled.

"No!" Jackson said, hopping out of his seat with Chance standing beside him.

"What did you say?" Dad asked angrily.

"I said no! I will not let go. You wanna know why? It's because I love him!" Jackson yelled and mom gasped and sobbed quietly. "I love him so much that I'm marrying him!" Mom burst out crying at this and dad just got angrier.

"Look what you've done! You've upset your mother and become such a disgrace! You will leave this household immediately!" He looked at me and continued. "Did you know about this? Did you!?!" I nodded and he became even angrier.

"Daddy listen-" I started but he cut me off.

"You should have told us! You know that a gay is a disgrace hun. You know that!" he yelled and I saw that sadness in his eyes.

"Then I must be a disgrace too!" I yelled and instantly realized what I had done.

"Is that little whore your girlfriend?!?" A tear left my eye and Alice looked down at the floor.

"Out! NOW!" he yelled. I ran upstairs with Alice's hand in mine. This couldn't have gone possibly worst.