Climbing Ranks

(If I end up publishing this late I'm sorry :<)

Narrator's POV...

With the battle commencing, Arthus and Golisopod were staring down one another.

"PIN MISSLE!!"

Golisopod then covered his face with his arms in the X shape as he launched a group of green glowing missiles to the Ceruledge. Ceruledge stared up at the rain of missles aiming directly towards him, waiting for the command "Your orders, sir?"

"PARRY THEM!! WITH THE FLAT SIDE OF YOUR BLADES!!"

"Understood Master!!" Arthus readied himself and then started to reflect every pin missle that tried to hit him. As for the rest, they passed beside the Ceruledge and blasted the ground.

"SWORDS DANCE!!"

Swords began to hover and rotate around the ceruledge. After the swords vanished, Arthus sharpened his blades against one another with Guzma being interested "That parrying from Arthus was amazing..."

"Its a counter strategy we picked up years ago when Arthus first evolved. When the flat side of his blades attack any projectiles, they would either bounce back into the enemy or fly in the other direction..." Hanzo then raised his hand up to his pokemon.

"ALRIGHT, GO FOR ANOTHER NIGHT SLASH!!"

"GOLISOPOD!! POISON JAB!!"

Arthus ran in as his blades darkened to black flames. Golisopod charged in as well with all of it's hands glowing purple. The two then again clashed and their attacks collided. But the moment when Arthus was occupied with countering Golisopod, he was hit by two of it's flour smaller arms.

"It hit!" Klara shouted out along with everyone surprised. The water-bug type then threw the king into the air. Arthus immediately responded by quickly recovering and then prepared to land.

"ITS IN THE AIR!! TRAP CERULEDGE WITH DARK PULSE!!"

Golisopod would then fire a black purple blast beam directly towards Arthus who was open for an attack.

"PROTECT YOURSELF WITH THE FLAT SIDE OF YOUR BLADES AGAIN!!"

"Understood Master Hanzo!!" Arthus blocked himself using his blades' flat sides before the dark pulse would hit. It crashed into his blades as he was pushing it back.

With a small opened, he was able to counter the dark pulse and then get back further as he finally managed to land onto the ground. Hanzo sighed in relief as he looked at his friend "How are you holding up, your highness?"

Arthus was sharpening his blades and creating sparks with them. "Worry not, my friend...tis' the duty of a king to set a good example for his people..." Hanzo smiled as he was filled with confidence "Thank you, Arthus! Lets rock then!"

As Hanzo and Arthus were talking to one another, Guzma felt interested by this. 'I've heard rumors about the Paldea Region Champion...he can speak to pokemon and understand what they're saying. Not only that, he understands them as he views them as much more than just beings who live alongside trainers...'

'And I'm seeing it with my own eyes...this Champion really is interesting!' The Team Skull Boss felt excited with Golisopod noticing how his trainer was reacting. This too would give Golisopod more adrenaline.

"GOLISOPOD!! USE IRON HEAD!!"

Golisopod got on all fours and his head would soon turn into pure iron as he charged in like a bullet. Ash viewed the golisopod making it's way to directly crash into Arthus. He was thinking to himself '...Guzma and Golisopod are really giving it their all...but is it enough to match the Paldean Pirate?'