97-98

The luxurious Rolls-Royce parked beside the dormitory like a mirage, attracting much attention.

Jennie and the others went downstairs.
Uncle Li bowed deeply and greeted her respectfully.

"Miss Kim."

Jennie heaved a sigh of relief.

She had been afraid that Uncle Li would call her "Madam".

It seemed Lisa had already informed him beforehand.

Uncle Li turned after greeting her and nodded at Rosé and the others.

"Ladies, good evening. Thank you for coming to the dinner tonight. Chairman Manoban said that Miss Kim's friends are his friends as well. He's very grateful for your care and concern towards Miss Kim, so he has invited you to a banquet to express his gratitude."

"He has business at hand and is unable to make it tonight. As a form of apology, he has prepared gifts for each of you ladies and hopes you'll like them."

Uncle Li bent over to reach inside the car and took out several bags.

Everyone except Jennie looked on in surprise as Uncle Li handed them each a bag.

Lisa naturally didn't prepare these gifts personally.

Other than towards Jennie, he would never spare any effort towards other women.

He had ordered a secretary from the Manoban Corporation to prepare the gifts.

Each of them had the same set of luxurious branded skincare products worth tens of thousands.

This was without a doubt an extremely precious gift to these students who didn't have particularly rich family backgrounds.

They couldn't afford such branded skincare products by themselves.

Rosé looked down at the gift and beamed in joy.

"Oh my God, my male God is ostentatiously generous. I have kept my eye on this skincare product for ages, but I was unwilling to spend money on it. Male God must be telepathic, how could he know to purchase it?"

"Baby, did you tell my male God?"

Jennie held her hands up in denial. "I
didn't tell him anything."

She didn't even know Lisa would be so considerate to prepare gifts for her friends.

It was undeniable that his actions really made Jennie feel dignified.

"Male God understands women too well."

Rosé eagerly took out a bottle of perfume from the bag and opened the cap.

She sprayed it on her body and appeared intoxicated in it.

"I adore this perfume's scent. Jennie, tell Male God that we like his gift very much, and thank him for his trouble."

Jennie was quiet.

She thought that there was no way Lisa had picked out the gifts himself.

He was completely disinterested in women, so how could he understand what women liked and didn't like?

But even so, he had definitely paid for these items.

Thus, it was accurate to say that the gifts were from him.

The other two roommates were stunned for a few seconds after receiving the skincare set, but they didn't express their delight as openly as Rosé.

They only understood something at this moment.

It turned out Jennie's handsome and rich boyfriend was treating this meal tonight.

It was their first time at the banquet hall, but they had heard of this place before.

It was a private clubhouse for high-class people.

Only distinguished people frequented this clubhouse.

Just being rich was not enough to dine in the banquet hall. They had to also possess a distinguished status in order to dine there.

If Jennie's boyfriend would treat them to a meal in such a place, it was obvious that he was of extraordinary identity.

The two girls' expressions were a little complicated as they stared at the luxurious car worth tens of millions of yuan and the expensive gift in their hands.

But their expression didn't look the least bit happy.

Although they had been envious when Jennie was dating Kai, it hadn't amounted to jealousy.

But at this moment, they couldn't help but feel green with envy at the thought of the remarkably handsome and respectable man.

They had to rack their brains for schemes just to find a man with fine qualities.

On the other hand, Jennie managed to find such an outstanding man without a hitch.

It would be a lie to say that they weren't jealous nor envious.

They both felt like Jennie actually wanted to show off her new boyfriend to them.

Otherwise, why would she invite them to the banquet hall?

Why would she prepare such gifts for them?

She obviously wanted to show off how rich her boyfriend was.

The two of them felt discomfort at this thought.

Jennie noticed their tense expressions and froze for a moment before asking curiously, "Xiao Xiao, Yuwei, what happened?"

"Nothing." Zhang Yuwei returned to her senses and smiled politely.

"Jennie, thank your boyfriend for
me. It's my first time receiving such an expensive gift, I really adore this brand's skincare product."

"Yeah, your boyfriend is so generous. This set of skincare is worth a few tens of thousands of yuan. You must thank him in our place."

Bai Xiao also smiled.

Their expressions returned to normal.
Jennie didn't think much of it and just smiled.

"I'm glad you both like it. Let's get into the car, we should come back soon."

.............

At the banquet hall.

Bai Xiao and the others got out of the car and saw a few people standing at the entrance.

One of them was the manager of the clubhouse. When he saw them, he quickly came forward to greet them.

"Miss Kim, ladies, good evening. Chairman Manoban has instructed me to receive you. Please follow me and watch your steps."

Everyone knew the boss of this banquet hall was an extremely influential person.

Even the workers here were slightly proud and haughty.

Diners here all had to respect the workers as well.

But now, these proud workers were extremely respectful to them.

They understood the reason behind it.
It was surely because of Jennie's rich and handsome boyfriend.

Bai Xiao and Zhang Yuwei not only didn't feel happy at receiving such respectful treatment, but the sour
feeling of jealousy also deepened further in their hearts.

Jennie's current boyfriend seemed much more powerful and rich than Kai.

Only Rosé was in high spirits.

She wandered around excitedly and whispered to Jennie, "Jennie, have you been here before? This place is so high-class, it looks like a palace."

"It's my first time too." Jennie was also secretly sizing the place up.

The banquet hall was the same style as the restaurant Lisa brought her to previously.

But it was multiple times bigger and the interior decorations were even more luxurious. It truly looked like a palace.