155-156

"Yeah, Dad, you need to take care of your health. Or Mom and I would worry for you."

Kim Ruhai looked at the mother and daughter whose faces were filled with concern. He then turned towards Jennie, whose expression was cold and stern. "Thankfully I've got both of you. No one else cares about me. I should've known earlier. Even a dog is loyal to its owner. But a daughter I raised from young doesn't even know how to be grateful!"

Krystal was very happy to hear that. "Dad, don't be angry. Sister cares for you too, she just doesn't know how to express it. Isn't she back to see you?"

Krystal had intentionally angered Jennie when she saw that Father Kim was watching them.

She wanted Jennie to lose her temper.
The more angered and strong-headed Jennie appeared to be, the more sensible and obedient she would seem.

Father Kim's disappointment towards Jennie only deepened.

Krystal knew that Father Kim's relationship with Jennie couldn't be damaged overnight. But if she deepened his hurt each time, he'd eventually give up on her utterly.

By then, he wouldn't be hung up over his kinship with her. Kim Ruhai sneered. "She's not here to see me. I think anyone besides her mom is not worth her consideration."

"Exactly." Lin Huizhen scoffed.

"You've loved this daughter of yours in vain. You've always treated her like a precious gem, but she doesn't even care about you as a dad! Back when you were ill, I called her to come home to have a look at you, but did she? Krystal had rushed back from overseas the moment she heard about it! You can tell which of your two daughters truly cares for you."

Kim Ruhai's expression turned awful. He looked even more disappointed with Jennie when he turned to look at her again. "You didn't come home for two months. Do you have to turn this place upside down the moment you come home?"

Jennie knew there was no place for her in this house anymore. She also knew that the present Kim Ruhai was no longer the Kim Ruhai she knew.

He only had room for Krystal and her mother in his heart.

They were his wife and child. The three of them were a family.

But she...

She was just an ingrate to him. Even so, her heart still aches when she saw how upset Kim Ruhai was with her.

She was hurt.

At this point, she knew more clearly than before that she didn't have any place left here. She had the last name Kim, but nobody in the Kim family really bothered about her.

Not even the father who used to love her. Kim Ruhai's chiding and words of disdain made her feel like a pain in the neck.

Jennie looked towards Krystal's and Lin Huizhen's smug smiles. he turned to Father Kim and said, "I didn't know I was capable enough to actually turn this house upside down. It looks like my existence is really a mistake. I shouldn't have returned and disturbed your happy family of three."

"Jennie!" Kim Ruhai frowned.

"What nonsense are you talking about!"

Jennie smirked again, even more mockingly this time. "Am I wrong? The moment I came back, The family fell into a great commotion. I really shouldn't have come back. But do you think I came back willingly because I liked it?" While talking, her voice gradually chilled and her eyes also deepened.

She glanced coldly at Krystal. "If it weren't for someone eying Mom's room, I'm really not interested in coming back to this home. Dad, I don't care what you promised them. I'll never allow Krystal to move in!"

"Mom's room must be left as it is, and no one is allowed to move in. You promised her yourself! Are you going back on your words now?"

Kim Ruhai's expression changed instantly and he looked even worse.

Pursing his lips tightly, he was silent for a few seconds before saying angrily, "This is a special case for Krystal! She'll live here for a year, and once her child is born, she'll move back. Your mom was an understanding woman in her time. If she was still here, she would certainly understand my approach. You, on the other hand, Jennie, when did you become so aggressive? Krystal isn't an outsider, she's your own sister!"

"Oh." Jennie laughed in ridicule.

"No matter how empathetic my mom is, she might not want to vacate her room for a mistress. As for her being my sister..." She glanced coldly at Krystal and said word by word while sneering coldly, "I don't have such a younger sister who ruined her own sister's relationship."

Slap-

As soon as Jennie finished speaking, she was slapped in the face. This slap was so powerful that her face directly swayed to the side.

A bloody smell permeated between her lips and teeth. Her ears buzzed at the impact and she experienced a short period of tinnitus.

Five bright red fingerprint marks appeared quickly on her face. Her fair cheeks swelled instantly.

Kim Ruhai was still furious. He pointed at her nose and scolded viciously."You rebellious girl! Aunt Lin is your senior, your stepmother, how could you say such disgraceful words! How did I raise such a heartless daughter!"

Lin Huizhen and Krystal were stunned for a few seconds. Neither of them thought that Father Kim would actually hit her.

After all, he was still very affectionate towards Jennie and had never once beaten her.

This was probably the first time he hit her. But after recovering from the shock, Krystal's face lit up with a delighted smile.

Watching Jennie get hit was to her heart's content. Kim Ruhai's slap stunned Jennie.

She took a few seconds to return to her senses. Her ears were still buzzing and her sight was spinning.

She covered her half-swollen face and slowly turned around.

At first, she felt hurt and disbelief. But after a while, it all turned to ice-cold sarcasm and indifference.

Father Kim felt regretful for a few seconds after the slap. He had lost his reason at that moment.

But after the slap, his mind became much clearer. He had never once hit Jennie.

But now that he had Lin Huizhen and her daughter, his love for his daughter was much less than before.

However, the affection between father and daughter couldn't be neglected so easily.