CHAPTER 8: PACK MEETING

EDITED

ANNABELLE'S POV

We don't normally have pack meetings, unless there's something important that is happening in the pack or occasionally when someone of importance visits the pack. And in this case, since our Alpha would be leaving the pack and putting someone else in charge, it had to be announced to the rest of the pack and uncle Nicholas said he had something else that he needed to announce. Our pack meetings are always held in the pack hall, which is located in the town center, where all the important facilities are.

After breakfast, I went back to my room hoping to have a productive day, which involved me getting my books and studying. It's something I don't enjoy doing, but I have to do it for me to pursue the career I want to and to do that I need to be accepted at my dream university, which is located in the human world, and for me to be accepted, I need good grades.

Someone had taken a picture of the written notice that was stuck on our noticeboard which was in the pack house and sent it to the group that most pack members are in, and, by the way, news spread in this pack. I'm sure everyone has heard about it by now. The notice just said we are all urged to attend the pack meeting which will be held today at 2pm, with a quick apology for the short notice after.

I collected my science textbooks, notebooks, some cute colored pens, which I usually used when studying and placed them on my study table. I pulled my chair backwards and made myself comfortable on my chair, then put a timer on my phone for 1hr 30 min and dived into my studies.

The topic that I'm focusing on today is motion. It's not really hard to understand. All I did was research on the topic, read through other books that were recommended for that topic, and go through questions that are most likely to be asked during my tests or exams. By the time I was done writing down the last piece of information I found, the timer started ringing. I quickly put a full stop at the end of the sentence, threw the pen dramatically on my table and cracked my knuckles.

I got up from my study chair and stretched my bones a little before getting my laptop, placing it in one corner of the bed and lying on my tummy with my legs suspended in the air, I scrolled through my Netflix. I have three options that I have to choose from;

1. What men want.

2. Players.

3. The invitation.

It's a tough choice. They all look interesting, and I don't really know which one to start with. Before I can find a way to resolve the issue, I hear my door open and my eyes dart to that direction. Instead of some scary or dangerous creature, my best friend Emma is standing there with a huge grin on her face. My face instantly lights up, I get up from my bed and rush to the door where she is.

"Heyy!" I said enthusiastically while attacking her with a tight hug. She giggled and hugged me tighter.

"Hey girl! I missed you so much" She lets out as we break off from our hug and I smile widely.

"I missed you too!" I told her and she smiled. She throws herself on my bed and lays down comfortably.

"What were you doing?"

"I was trying to find something to watch. Which one would you choose among these three?" I showed her the three movies that I wanted to pick from, and she knitted her brows in contemplation, something she always does when thinking, it only takes her a couple of minutes for her to come up with a decision.

"They all seem interesting, but I think we should try the invitation. We will watch the others some other time," she said, and I nodded.

"By the way, do you know what it's all about?" she asks.

"What?" I asked with a frown on my face.

"The pack meeting, there have been crazy rumors going around the pack about someone of importance who has visited our pack, some even claim to have seen a Lycan. Crazy, right?"

My eyes went wide at the mention of a Lycan. What would one be doing here? I remember learning about them in Wolf history class. Mr Marcus made sure I paid attention to this topic and from the information I managed to get, putting it simply, they are bad news.

They are dangerous, blood-curdling, lethal creatures and everything someone like me should be afraid of. Lycans were the first creatures the moon goddess created. They are very different from werewolves in many ways, especially when they transform into their Lycan form. I hope I don't get to see this Lycan creature, because, knowing myself, I would do something that would get me killed by it.

"You look like you have seen a ghost," Emma says, and I just shake my head, trying to rid myself of the thoughts I'm having.

"Aren't Lycans dangerous or something?"

" They are very dangerous, especially when provoked." she explains, and I nod, making a mental note to verify this whole Lycan situation.

"Where is your brother? I didn't see him at the pack house today, and he isn't here either. Is he going to be at the meeting?" she asks me and I give a teasing smile, and she blushes. She has always had this crazy obsession with my cousin. She's always asking about him, and I'm conflicted every time. I don't know if I should share all that information about my cousin with my best friend, but I still tell her anyway.

"I'm not sure, he left after breakfast today and didn't tell me where he was going" I explained to her.

***

By the time we were done with the movie, I had only 25 minutes to prepare myself for the meeting. I picked out a pair of leggings and a baggy tee shirt and put them on quickly. Emma is sitting on my bed looking at me with amusement in her eyes. I have been running around my room like crazy, trying to find things that I left carelessly and, to make matters worse, I don't even remember where I left some.

"Found it" I yelled as I got the slipper I had been looking for from under my bed. Emma shakes her head and stands up ready to start off. I got my phone, put some gloss on my lips, brushed my hair and just let it flow down, and I was ready to go.

We were going to be late for the meeting, mostly because of my late preparations, but we did nothing about the relaxed pace we were walking at. The town center is in the middle of the pack, a couple of minutes away from the pack house, so instead of walking for fifteen minutes we walked for 25, and by the time we entered the hall, people were already in there and only a few seats were remaining at the back. Uncle Nicholas had already started addressing the pack. I hope we didn't miss much. Emma and I made sure to take our seats without gaining attention, which was a relief.

" The Lycan king, Dominick Easton, will be living with us for a couple of days. He was here earlier but had something important to attend to today, but will be back when I get back from my business. I urge you all to be at your best behavior during his stay here. We will also have a feast to welcome our king to our pack as soon as we get back " My uncle said. There were hard whispers throughout the hall, I could even hear some girls my age talking excitedly about how they couldn't wait to meet him. I just turned my head to my best friend, who seemed to be excited about this situation.

I shiver just runs down my spine at the thought of meeting the Lycan king. Wait, did he just say Dominick?

A.N: i hope you enjoyed the chapter!! Please don't read the rest of the chapters, they haven't yet been edited.