CHAPTER 19: THE FIGHT

ANNABELLES POV

hapnowhas  for being the first person to comment 🫂💗

My heart hammered in my chest as I watched the scene play out in front of me with teary eyes. Dominick and Jakes' faces were twisted in sneers, the scent of blood rich in the air as they clawed at each other's skin. Each blow made my face twist in disgust at the sound of their fists hitting each other.

"You dare to lay your fingers on what's mine?" Dominick said with so much venom dripping in every single word, barely containing his anger towards Jake, who was pinned to the wall with a furious look of his. His strange eyes were
Staring at Dominick with clouded fury as he retorted,

"Yours?" he let out a bitter, mocking laugh. "SHE IS MINE," he said with so much disdain.

Immediately those words left Jake's lips. He received a huge blow to his face that I even heard the sound of a bone breaking. A scream left my lips. I guess Uncle Nick and Lucas heard the commotion because they rushed out of the house, and their eyes widened in alarm when they saw what was before them. Lucas looked at both males before his eyes went towards me. He had a sympathetic look on my face. When he came before me, he wrapped his hands around me and took me inside.

                               ***

"They won't allow anyone to enter. They only want her," Lucas said in a small voice, but it wasn't small enough for me not to hear what he was saying.

If they were not comfortable enough to talk in front of me, they should just have left me at home, mopping around somewhere. I hope my uncle allows me to see them now. I can't even count how many times I had to beg him to take me to them, but he didn’t. He refused to acknowledge it, and he told me it was too dangerous for me, that I had to wait for them to calm down.

I didn't even know how long it was going to take for them to calm down enough that I could go see them, and it was making me run out of my mind.

"It's too dangerous. What if something happens to her? I won't allow it! I can't afford to lose her, " he said, which made me run my hand through my hair for the millionth time. The thought of tagging at it until it falls out runs through my mind, but I try my best to ignore it.

"You of all people should know none of them is going to hurt her. If what they claim is true, she is the only one who can make them calm down," Lucas said, and I heard my uncle let out a loud sigh.

"Fine, but if anything happens to her, I swear -"

"Nothing will happen to her, trust me." Lucas cut him off, and when I saw him walking in my direction, I stood up immediately with hope shining in my eyes.

"Follow me," he said in such a serious voice that I just quietly followed him.
We walked in silence as we made our way to a certain part of the pack that I never knew existed. We had to pass through the borderline where the warriors usually take turns guarding and into the tree line.

It took us a couple of minutes to get there, and when we did, we were in front of some kind of warehouse, which was fully guarded by scary-looking men. What do they keep in there for it to have this much security? When we got closer, a man who seemed like he was the one in charge nodded in Lucas’ direction, opened the door for us with some kind of passcode, and the moment we made our way inside, I couldn't help the eagerness I felt to see them.

I don't really fully understand what is going on here. All I know is that the crush I thought I had on Dominick was not a crush. It's something more.
Lucas and the man who brought us in were chatting softly while I followed them around with my head all over the place. We walked through a long passage that had doors on either side of it.

We reached the far end of the passage and finally came to a stop, and then both of their eyes were on me.

"Who do you want to see first?" Lucas asked as he gave me a first aid kit that he got from a man who had just walked in.

"Jake," his name came out of my mouth without even thinking twice, Lucas nodded his head, and the man led us to the door on the left side.

I was expecting it to have another passcode, but it didn't. When we got in, there was a huge mirror that we could see right through, and behind it stood Jake chained to the wall.

"When will they get out of here? " I couldn't help but ask.

"As soon as you are finished with them," he said, and I nodded, then walked into the cell they put Jake in. When he heard the door open, his eyes were on me, and he had a smirk on his face, but it was wiped off when he saw the glare I was sending in his direction.

“I can’t believe you got into a fight with a Lycan king. It’s not funny.” I said when I saw the amusement that was dancing in his eyes. Doesn’t he realize how serious this whole situation is? He could have been killed. I unlocked the chains and helped him out of the little remaining’s of the shirt he had on earlier.

I am keeping myself occupied before I say or do something that I don’t mean. I got cotton wool from the first aid kit and wet it with some spirit. I use that to wipe off the blood that is on his skin. Before I can even do much, Jake holds my hand and uses his other hand to hold my chin and make me face him.

“Hey sweetheart, I know you’re mad at me, but I was only trying to defend myself. Plus, he called you his and, as far as I’m concerned, you belong to me, you’re mine. My mate”, the last part comes out with so much possessiveness.

“Don’t ever do that again” I said, and he nodded. He let go of my hand, which allowed me to continue wiping off the blood from all over his skin. Most of the wounds are healed, which is a good sign. When I am done cleaning him, he wraps his hands around my waist and buries his nose in the crook of my neck.

"I have to go," I whispered, and the hands that were wrapped around me became tighter.

"Already?" he asked, and I nodded, I placed a kiss on his cheek that had a little bruise. He held my chin softly and placed a soft kiss on my lips, and then the grip that he had on my waist loosened. He placed one last kiss on my lips, and then I walked out of the door. When I did, Lucas was standing in front of me.

"He will smell him on you, but we don't have time for you to take a shower and get rid of the scent. So you will just have to go in like this, okay?" he said, and my heart started beating irregularly. Why didn't I think of that earlier?

We made our way to the second door. Just like Jake, Dominick was also chained to the wall, but instead of the calm way I found Jake, he was busy pulling at the chains trying to break free, his shirt barely covering anything due to the claw marks, blood covering his skin and his hair disheveled. My heart skipped a bit when I looked back at his face, and his soulless black eyes were staring at me.

"Are you ready?" I nodded without breaking eye contact with Dominick.
When I step into the cell, Dominick's scent drowns m. It tickles my skin. The air crackles with electricity, the feeling that comes whenever I am in the same space as him, and I can't help how breathless I feel right now.

He looks at me with so much intensity as I walk towards me, that I am afraid I would miss a step and fall down. When I was in front of him, I put down the first aid kit that I had come with and put the key for the chains that they put on him in my back pocket. First, I would have to calm him down.

The moment I stood upright, he placed his around my throat, his hold tight enough for me to know who was in control, one squeeze, and I was gone. My pulse is going crazy, overpowering any other sound because it’s the only thing I am able to hear right now. At this angle, I am able to see the way his jaw keeps clenching, his eyes still black. His other hand runs over my lips slowly, and his jaw clenches even more.

"He touched you," he said.

“I can smell him all over you” he stated with so much venom dripping from his lips, before I could come up with anything to say, Dominick’s lips claimed mine, in a desperate, possessive and punishing kiss. His teeth clash against mine, and his tongue thrust into my mouth like he owns me, like I belong to him. A bunch of tingles travel across my body, causing my core to clench.

"MINE." I heard him whisper in such a possessive tone when his lips left mine.