Chapter 7: The Boys Are Back

Marinette took a deep breath as she was escorted through the doors of the Agreste Manor. Natalie guided her to Gabriel's usual office and opened the door. "Sir, I've brought Miss Dupain-Cheng just as you've asked."

As usual the man stood by his tablet in the center of the room, hard at work. He paid the girl no mind at first. "Thank you, that's all for now." He addressed the woman before she left the room.

Gabriel simply continued with his work for a minute, leaving Marinette just standing there.

"It's been a while, Mr. Agreste." Marinette tried to break the silence.

He simply glanced at her. "Indeed it has. I'll try to make this brief. Please follow me."

Marinette followed the warily as he led her over to his desk. He opened a drawer and pulled out a stack of papers. "I'm sure, by now, that you're aware of the arrangement that I have in place for Adrien."

Marinette glanced down at the neatly stacked papers on the desk. "Yes, I know."

"Then you're also aware that your relationship with him is coming to an end. In fact, I'll be expecting you to start keeping your distance from my son in the next few weeks." He calmly informed her.

Of course, she should've expected him to stay stubborn in his ways, but, like Adrien, she'd hoped that he'd change. "Look, Mr. Agreste, what you're doing to your son is wrong. Why can't you see that we're happy together? I love your son. Why isn't that enough?"

"I'm quite sure that neither of you know what love is. And you, Miss Dupain-Cheng, are completely out-of-place with my son. He's far out of your league. Wasn't that proven to you over the summer?" He asked with a smirk.

"No." Marinette stared back at him with a fierceness behind her eyes. "What I learned over the summer was how far you're willing to go to make your son suffer."

The smirk vanished from his face. "Call it what you will. I'm just being a responsible parent. What kind of father would I be if I let him make the wrong decisions in life."

"Those decisions are for him to make!" She raised her voice and slammed her palms onto the desk in front of her. "Adrien is his own person! He should be allowed to either make the right decisions or learn from the wrong ones!"

"But what you fail to understand is that there is no room for error when you are a part of a family with high standing." Gabriel explained in a sour tone before pointing to a particular section of the contract in front of him. "Perhaps this should give you some incentive to obey since we aren't seeing eye-to-eye. RIght here, it states that if Adrien should fail to go through with the arrangement by the second week after graduation, then he will be cut off from his trust fund and anything to do with the Agreste brand."

Marinette shook her head in disgust at the man. "You'd really do that to him?"

"If it's what's necessary, yes. You should also realize that Agreste name is the only reason he's able to be considered for any noteworthy school. If he doesn't go through with this, then he won't make it anywhere." Gabriel simply explained.

The blue-eyed girl stared daggers at him. "Adrien could get into any school he wanted, and it's not because his last name is Agreste. It's because he's smart and talented. He doesn't need fame to make it into the school he wants."

"He does if his name is slandered everywhere he goes." The man suggested.

Marinette didn't think that her respect for him could sink any lower. "You do realize that this is your own son we're talking about, right? Your own flesh and blood."

"I'm well aware." He answered curtly as he pushed up his glasses. "Speaking of good schools, I highly suggest that you take up the offer of going to Parsons in New York. Miss Bourgeois went through the trouble of getting you admitted into that school."