Chapter 6: Just Wanna Be With You

Sabrina was in a good mood the next day when she got to school. Taking part in this last school musical was something she really loved. As she walked through the school she made her way to one of the practice rooms in the music hall. Upon entering she saw Juleka at the piano, playing a few uplifting notes.

"Good morning Jul," She greeted her as she waltzed over to the piano.

The dark-haired girl was slightly startled before she realized who it was. "Oh, good morning." She quietly responded before she went to mark something on her music sheet.

Sabrina curiously read the sheet. "Just Wanna Be With You." She read out loud. "Is that the next song?" She asked as she pulled up a chair next to her.

"Mmhm." The girl simply mumbled as she looked over the notes again.

"Wow," She admired as she read the notes. "You're so talented. To come up with all these songs in a short matter of time is amazing."

"Uh, thanks." Juleka told her gratefully.

Sabrina smiled before she let her hands trace over the keys of the piano to try her hand at playing the song. She started the first few chords of the song.

"I got a lot of things,"

"I have to do."

"All these distractions,"

"Our future's coming soon."

"We're being pulled,"

"A hundred different directions." Juleka softly joined in to harmonize with her.

"But whatever happens,"

"I know I've got you."

"You're on my mind," Sabrina sings out as she slightly picks up the tempo.

"You're in my heart."

"It doesn't matter where we are."

"We'll be alright,"

"Even if we're miles apart."

Later that day in rehearsal, they practiced the same song. Only, with Adrien and Marinette singing the lead. They sat on the piano staring into each other's lovestruck eyes as they sang. Sabrina wandered beside them, observing their natural movements to get ideas for choreography.

"All I wanna do,"

"Is be with you,"

"Be with you."

"There's nothing we can't do," Adrien takes Marinette by the hands and stands as they sing.

"Just wanna be with you."

"Only you."

"No matter where life takes us,"

"Nothing can break us apart." Adrien sings out as he grabs hold of the railing prop behind them.

"You know it's true."

"I just wanna be with you." As they were singing, several people were walking by on stage, preparing props and stopping to smile at the two of them.

"Yeah, yeah." Marinette vocalizes as gets off the piano and steps on the stage. The whole stage was a replica of her own balcony along with a fire escape on the side.

"Just be with you." Adrien sang back as he spontaneously made his way to the back of the audience.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah."

"You know how life can be," He sings to her as he slowly strolls back towards the stage.

"It changes overnight."

"It's sunny then raining,"

"But it's alright." Marinette harmonizes with him.

"A friend like you," She sings as Sabrina happily motions for her to point at him.

"Always makes it easy." Adrien dramatically stands on the chairs in the audience as he sings.

"I know that you get me,"

"Every time."

"Through every up," Marinette continues to sing as Sabina eagerly motions for her to make a come hither gesture.

"Through every down,"

"You know I'll always be around." Adrien climbs over the teacher and other people that were sitting in the audience.

"Through anything,"

"You can count on me." Adrien stands proudly on the front chair in the audience as he sings the note out with Marinette.

"All I wanna do,"

"Is be with you." Sabrina is temporarily distracted by Nino who decided to try on a clown costume that was backstage. He walks onto the stage making a fool out of himself before Alya jestfully drags him away.

"Be with you."

"There's nothing we can't do." The blonde boy climbs up the fake fire escape and jumps over the rails.

"Just wanna be with you."

"Only you." They sing at each other from across the balcony.

"No matter where life takes us," Each two counts they make a small hop towards another, directed by Sabrina.

"Nothing can break us apart." When they turn towards each other, Adrien sneakily attempts to tickle her. She tries to get away, only to be caught in a hug from behind.

"You know it's true."

"I just wanna be with you."

"I just wanna be with you." As the song mellows out, Adrien plants a warm kiss on her forehead. Everyone that was gathered around claps as they admire the couple.

Sabrina was especially eager. "Good job you guys! You sing so well together."

They both thanked her.

"Okay, let's take five and run it again." She told them before she heard her name being called from backstage. She turned around and saw Chloe tapping her foot expantly. Everyone around her had already dispersed so she went over to see what the blonde wanted.

"Did you get that song for me?" She quickly asked her.

Sabrina cringed at the subject. "No, but Chloe you should really just focus on yourself. You don't need to steal other people's songs to look good."

"Oh please," She dismissed her. "You don't need to tell me how to look good. Now get me that song."

Sabrina groaned. "Chloe, you're not Marinette." She stressed to her.

Chloe simply scoffed at her. "Of course not. I'm Chloe Bourgeois. Even better." She smirked before strutting away.

In another area backstage, Marinette was looking through her bag for a water bottle when she heard her phone ring. She curiously looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Natalie. She wondered why she would be calling her during school hours before she answered. "Hello,"

"Hello Marinette, this is Natalie." The woman answered.

"Hi, Natalie. It's been a while. How are you?" She asked genuinely.

"I'm doing well." The woman replied curtly. "I apologize for calling you during a school hours, but I needed to let you know that Mr. Agreste would like to have a word with you. Are you available after school today?"

Marinette stilled. The only time she'd ever spoken to Adrien's father was when she'd first moved to Paris, and that wasn't exactly a pleasant conversation. Now he actually wanted to speak with her and she couldn't really tell if that was a good thing or a bad thing. "Yes, I don't have anything planned after school." She responded with a hint of nervousness.

"Alright, I'll send a car to pick you up at four o'clock. It will pick you up at your house." Natalie replied.