Chapter 5: A Night to Remember

It was around lunch time the next day and Nino was having a slight problem. A problem that he needed to get Adrien's help with. He spotted Adrien in the hallway on his way to lunch and immediately ran up to him to get his attention. "Bro, I need your help."

Adrien stopped to look at his friend curiously. "What's wrong?"

Nino tried to keep the volume of his voice to a minimum before he responded. "I need to ask Alya to prom, but I don't know how to do it."

The blonde really felt for his friend, he seemed to be a bit on edge. "Oh, okay. Don't worry man, I've got you covered."

"Thanks," Nino told him gratefully. "Okay, so what do I need to do?"

Adrien thought about it for a second. "Well, if you want to make it really special for her, I'd suggest that you make it a big promposal."

Nino nervously rubbed the back of his head. "Uh, I'm fresh out of promposal signs."

"Who said anything about needing a sign?" Adrien asked rhetorically before he urged his friend along. He led him towards the arts and crafts classroom to snag a decorative flower. He handed the beautiful piece of plastic to his friend.

Nino hesitantly took it before he thought about something. "Wait a minute, why do I have to do a big promposal when you didn't even do that for Marinette?" He asked as he remembered how Adrien told him about the time he'd asked her.

"You see, I would've done that for her, but my father doesn't like it when I make any public announcements in or out of school without his permission. So I didn't have a choice, but you do. So you should choose to make Alya feel special." He explained to him with consideration before he dragged his friend off to the cafeteria.

When they reached the cafeteria, they quickly spotted all the girls sitting together at a table. Nino sat there on the balcony just watching for a while as he felt his nerves getting to him. That was when Adrien decided to literally give him the push he needed. He took his friend by the shoulders and guided him down the stairs over to the girls table.

Nino gulped and fixed the cap on his head before attempting to speak up. "Uh, Alya."

Apparently his voice had been too low because she was still talking to Rose who was across the table from her.

"Alya." He spoke up a little louder, which had gotten her attention. She turned around in surprise since she actually didn't know that he was behind her.

"Oh, Nino you scared me. What's up?" She asked him.

Nino tried his best to collect himself. "I was just wondering if you, uh..." The rest of his words became lost as voice lowered.

Alya furrowed her brow in confusion. "What?"

Nino tried to repeat himself, but his confidence was starting to fade. Adrien decided to push further in order to help his friend. The cafeteria was rather loud and he couldn't make a decent promposal with everyone's attention with everyone's attention so scattered.

"Hey!" Adrien yelled out to the cafeteria which caused an echo. Everyone silenced and diverted their attention to what was going on.

Nino quickly gave his friend a slightly panicked expression which was returned by an encouraging smile. Adrien quickly nudged his head towards the table next to theirs. Nino immediately knew what he was telling him to do so he stepped on the table and made his announcement.

"Alya Cesaire, will you be my date to the prom?" His confidence slightly returned as he held out the flower in his hand.

Alya's face lit up before she turned to the rest of the girls at her table. As she glanced around at all of them, they eagerly nodded and urged her to respond. The brunette's excitement grew when she stood up and accepted the flower. "Yes, I'll go with you."