Chapter 1

Zayn Malik is a bright, "bad boy", who is openly gay. Not long ago, Zayn was known as a homophobic person. He would bully many gay people. Anyways, now everyone knows why. The most important thing is, though, that Zayn has a little not-so-little crush.

Niall Horan is a beautiful blond kid with piercing blue eyes, and he is very shy. This Irish boy is very innocent and quiet. Niall is reportedly straight.

Liam Payne is a really down-to-earth boy at heart, but can be known as a bit of a player. He doesn't do it on purpose, but he does it all the same.

Harry Styles, a curly-haired hunk. His deep green eyes are known for their enchanting hypnotism. His goody-two-shoes reputation causes him to have little friends, but that's what he prefers. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's about lunchtime at Johnston high-school, and the usual groups are at their own hang-out spots. The preppy kids all gather at the main table in the cafeteria, the goth kids in the back of the school or in the restroom. The outcasts sit outside against the wall on the other side of campus. Then there's them - the 'normal' ones. Zayn, Niall, Harry, and Liam. There's another group, though. This group consists of only one person. Louis Tomlinson. This independent, cute boy hides from everyone, refusing to open up. No one even bothers to try anymore.

Zayn and Harry are the best friends, then it's Liam and Niall, who sort-of dislike each other, but force small talk whenever Zayn and Harry are off flirting, being each other's wingmen.  

"Those two can't get enough of each other." murmers Liam, with a bothered expression on his face.  

"You're tellin' me." replies Niall.

*Harry's POV*

Zayn and I usually leave Niall and Liam alone, they need to work their crap out. I don't know what's up with them - maybe they need to shag and get it over with. I need to get alone with Zayn. I don't know what's up between us. No, not any drama, more like confusion, I don't know if it's the same for him, but I've been feeling weird.  

"Hey, playa'." Zayn greets me.  

"Hey sexy," I smirk, followed by a wink. God, he's so fucking hot. Wait, what? No. Zayn is my best friend. He's not hot.

*Liam's POV*

Shit, I can't believe they left me here with Niall, again. I wonder why the hell they keep doing this. I don't like him, that's clear as day. He's stupid, he's quiet, but he has the most amazing eye- Hell. Not these thoughts again. Ever since Niall and I hugged at Nando's, these thoughts have been filling my head, these thoughts that keep creeping up on me. It wasn't a regular hug. Hell, it wasn't just a hug.

*Zayn's POV*

So, Harry starts talking to some girls, and I can see Niall and Liam through the corner of my eye. Then I look at Harry. I see his green eyes find their way to me. I'm in love with Harold Edward Styles. I'm not in denial like you'd expect me to be, it's so cliche. Actually, I think it'd be a bit cliche to not be in denial. Or maybe it's cliche to not be cliche? Fuck it. I'm in love with my best friend.

*Niall's POV*

I wonder how Liam feels about me. I love him. I hate him. I love him. I hate that I love him. I hate how he makes it mission impossible not to kiss him. How he furrows his eyebrows and crosses his arms. What's insane is how he's so cute, but so sexy, at the same time. You know what I mean, right? Oi, I fantasize about leaving trails of kisses down his chiseled jawline, and his sculpted chest.

*Liam's POV*

We were at school, we both volunteered for this weird cop program. This was before we hated each other. I don't know what happened, but we hit it off. We agreed to sneak out to Nando's and fetch something to eat. We sat in a secluded table up against the wall - the place is nearly empty, except for the workers, which are all in the kitchen goofing off. We sit there, and talk. He tells me all about his past, and to this day, I don't know what he tried to tell me. He said, "Liam, you're so- no, I think- I'm.. I'm... nothing. Never-mind." and then he grinned and speed walked over to the restroom. I caught up with him and I asked him what was wrong. He stood in front of the mirror, and looked at me through the mirror, my heart sank as I saw him like that. His puffy, red, blue eyes broke my heart. At that point, I'd fallen in love with him. I grabbed his arm, and turned him around, firmly, but gently. He looked down at my lips and I looked at his. They looked so plump, the perfect color, the perfect size, on the perfect person. I leaned in, and I think he did, too. My lips finally met his. I brushed my tongue along his bottom lip, asking for entrance. He let me in, and our tongues competitively danced until I gained dominance. We both pulled away, ever so slowly. Then we stood there. I caressed his beautiful blond locks, and it was as easy as ever not to pull, because his luscious hair was not tangled, each strand of blondness was on its own. His steamy breath washed over the crevice between my neck and shoulders. We forgot about everything. I don't know how everything got so fucked up so quickly.