Chapter 4

*Zayn's POV* 

I half-smiled at Harry, but my eyes told him what I was thinking. My stomach flipped and turned like a gymnast.

"Do you want to?" I ask Harry, almost in a sarcastic tone. 

Harry looks at me and his facial expression shows determination. He looks at me, grabs me by my forearm and quickly leads me towards the parking lot. My heart races as if it was running in a marathon.  

"Harry," my voice shaky because my body bounced as we walked, "where are we going?" 

He looks back at me, showing me his cheeky smile that he was famous for. I pretended like I didn't know where we were going. We walk into the parking lot, and he slows down. Still having a firm grasp of my forearm, he leads me gracefully to the isolated corner. My heart leaps to my throat.

*Liam's POV*

I drooped my head low. Suddenly, I heard a DING! and looked up. I saw those famous blond locks of hair, and sympathetic eyes migrating in my direction. Niall looks down as he pulls his seat out to sit in it. For what seems like hours, an aching silence was shared between the both of us. Suddenly my mouth spoke before my brain, "So.. what's this about you not being confused anymore?"

*Niall's POV*

Liam asked me about what I meant.

Okay, Niall. Let's have a quick overview and try to pull everything together.

You met Liam at the cop program.

You almost came out to Liam and admitted that you thought he was cute.

You pussied out and ran to the restroom, crying.

You and Liam kissed in that same restroom.

He asked you about it the following week.

You pretended to not recall.

He disconnected from you.

You cried.

You moved on.

You fell back in love.

How do we put this into words?

"I like you, Liam. A lot."

"How could you just.. brush it off?" Liam's voice faltered, "Just.. move on. Forget about me, so easily? Am I really that meaningless?"  

"Liam, of course not. From the bottom of my heart, I'm sorry. You meant the world to me, but... I was confused. I didn't know what to do. The thought of being... gay. It's so strange. I figured, maybe if I distanced myself, the feelings would go away - and to be honest, I thought they did for a while, but it was impossible to see you on a regular basis and not fall in love."

"I fell in love with you," Liam smiled gently, "when we kissed. It was magical."

"It was, wasn't it?" I agreed.