Ch.10

~hey guys this chapter is going to be especially long since it is the ending chapter I hope you enjoyed it~

Mitch's pov:
How could I deny it, she didn't love me anymore. I had Jerome call Lauren for me. she came over here sufficiently fast. do you have the papers? ( this is not accurate since you have to go to court to officially divorce someone) oh uh maybe, share aches in her purse. yeah right here, she pulls it out and lays it in front of me. I see the way you look at each other and I can't stop that, I say. I take her hand, and take off my ring and hers, till death do us part. I say as I yank on the main I.V hooked into my arm. No! Mi- I'm cut off by darkness. My life goes before my eyes and stops at the day I proposed to Lauren, tears stream down her face as she repeatedly says yes, I look over to anyone, Lachlan was patting me on the back he links arms with his girlfriend. and Preston and clara, Clara has tears in her eyes as she tugs on prestons arm. Preston has both hands in his pockets, I see a tear form in his eye. everything stops or goes into slow motion, I can dig into there brain. I go into prestons mind, there I see in the back he has replaced me with himself in the proposal stanz. I take the two rings from my pockets, I place my ring in his mind and add into the ring "till death do us part" and on Lauren's I put small diamonds surrounding a medium sized sapphire. I then re-flash into the hospital. Jerome is at my side he has bags under his eyes. Dude, stop! I'm gonna take you home okay, and where gonna talk about all that happened in the past 6 months ( think about how much money that would be for him to be kept alive on drugs for 6 months!)
Prestons pov:
Mitch was still asleep, I talked to him.
Hey buddy
But I never got a response
Hey buddy, everyone really misses you. we've had fangirls who are/were in the hospital cry, they leave you flowers and notes, the piles is high, one girl rights once a month to tell you all that's happened. nobody else knows where your at, those girls that where in here didn't tell a single soul...Jerome threatened them....but yeah...
~a month later ~
I approached Jerome the rest of the pack at my side, Jerome? Its-it's been 5 months. he spun around, his eyes were bloodshot. Lauren walked in and sat beside Jerome, she looked up at me and the rest of the pack.
Give him one more month? Jerome looked shocked that she was helping since she was the reason he tried to pull the plug. She could see my confusion
~1 month later~
I am recording with Lachlan and Rob when Jerome texts me. everyone gets the text. I stop recording. And grab my phone, I call the airport and reserve tickets for me since Rob lives in Canada he"ll probably be the first, Lachlan being the last. Ask Jerome if he texted vikk? Okay I vote Lachlan, nope have Rob do it ya sandstormer no need to bring vikklan into this. I stifle a laugh. Pssh! Lachlan why would you think we voted you to do it. Fine whatever. After 3-4 hours on the plane I get off and find Rob at the airport. Lauren's at the hospital with Jerome I have Art and the twins. i look in the back of his car, hi uncle Preston! He whisper shouted. Why is he so quiet? I ask Rob. I don't know he won't talk.
What's wrong little cactus? He turns to his little siblings. was this my fault that they want to divorce? No art! Art, art ,art you had nothing to do with it, your mother just-just doesn't feel the connection like uncle Rob has with Aunt Lacey. We arrive at the hospital right before visiting hours close, Mitch buddy! Everyone greets him, Lauren stands in the corner, tears tempting to fall down her face, I slowly walk over to her, hey art I'm gonna take a walk wanna come with, I tell Jerome because he's half listening and half entranced with Mitch, a merome moment needs to be shared, it is slightly raining but I and art don't seem to mind, he finds the stories of my past fun, I told him about my siblings and he said, I wanna meet them they sound fun! I smile, when the time is right I will introduce you.
Preston? Yes art? Do you- like like my mommy? If I could sweep her off her feet I would, and I would love to be your stepdad but I believe, that butting into your parents marriage was a mistake. he looks at me, sometimes...he starts out, I wish that you had been my dad...just because you seem more kid friendly and yeah... I stop and laugh, well I love the approval, we come across a woods, wanna play Knights? He asks. sure buddy.
Art picks up two sticks, kneel I tell him. he kneels.
I dub thee knight Arthur and your king, I place a twig crown on his head, kneel he tells me in a fake deep voice.
I dub thee knight Preston of Texas
I laugh.
Sign the peace treaty to form the bounds between Montreal and Texas. I take my fake sword and slice right through the invisible paper. Access denied! I yell, he laughs and tells the fake guards to seize me!
We play knight for an hour it seems nice to go back and be a child every now and then.
I look at my phone. 13 missed calls, ccccrrrraaaaP! I say in my head, we should probably go now. Buuuut Preston! He whines, no well come back tomorrow okay? Okay! He says smiling brightly .
We walk to the hospital it's night time.
I looked at my phone 12:30 after a few minutes of walking art stops and reaches up to me, I pick him up and carry him he falls asleep
When I walk into vikks house, everyone is on the couch phone in hand, I place art in his mothers arms, I walk up to the room that the boys are sharing, Tyler's phone is right in his hand. I walk out of the house and take a walk. (Really couldn't have known)
~6 hours later~
The sun greets my face, I look at my phone. 6:30
I close my eyes
~small dream~
Lauren and Mitch are literally having sex on my bed, Lauren's one hand reaches out to me. "Come on three way!" She yelps
Fudge no!
There will always be another time for us to fall in love
~end of creepy dream~
I wake up. too creepy.
Rain spits at my window, my phone goes off.
Hello? I say clearly exhausted
Where were you last night! A firm Lauren's voice says.
I end the call. I don't want to talk to you.
What time is it? Ugh she won't be up yet.

Lauren's pov:
Did he just hang up on me!
Preston arsement I gonna kick your ass when I see you again! Rob and vikk back up and put there hands up. Language, vikk says. Momma! Hey art did you sleep well? Yeah, I'm glad Preston brought me home I was tired of being a king, he says and walks away. I give a small smile.
Now it was noon and Preston still wasn't back, he wasn't responding to any texts. we had everyone text him.
Around 3 he shows up on vikks doorsteps. first people bombard him with questions then, I push through the crowd I rush up slap him then kiss him. Unexpected! Everyone falls quiet. I strut through the crowd of boys. They stare from me to Preston and then back and forth between the two of us. Vikks wife calls us to lunch. since no ones kids are here except robs son,art, and chaz. Everyone is quiet but soon conversations start, I sit beside Preston. me, myself,and I don't even know if we're flirting with him or if I'm just to impress. After lunch Preston left again.. i followed him he talked to himself until I slide myself beside him, he gives me a weak smile. my cheek hurts. well...dont mess with volcano"s
pssh Would I ever,
Hey though I need to ask you a question?
Now that we're alone.
Will you be mine?
~2 years later~
Well now that I look back on my life it isn't that bad, I've been dating Preston for 3 years now. I'm glad he still felt like we should go out before he pops the question or anything, Mitch and I are still friends, we try to act normal but it's hard, Jerome told me from pulling his I.V out oh so long ago, it messed with some of his brain meaning some of his memories are foggy and messed up...thats okay I guess. but it makes me sad to think he would almost kill himself because of me. Art went through a very sad period. he thought it would be weird to call him dad, Preston told him he could call him anything, art thought for a moment, papa! He hugged Preston. I smiled, Preston reached a free arm out to me, I joined the hug. I can't believe he's 10 already Lauren says. well I just met the kid like 2-3 years ago. Not my fault! I say defensively putting my hands up. Art went to the park with some friends to play Pokemon so we watched from a distance. Suddenly Preston looks over at me. Do you want to play Pokemon? And I was like. Why the heck not!he grabs some cards, half way through the game he takes out a pokeball. Go Lauren! I choose you he says, as he tried to pop the lid off, he then pushes it again opening it. inside it the most beautiful and simple ring I have ever seen, its beautiful! I say marveled at the ring (see above) I slip off my old wedding ring, I slip it in my pocket as Preston slips the ring on my finger. I hug him tightly.

Is that really the end grandma? That was a bad ending! Natalie! What? Don't be rude! Grandma frags why didn't you record more after that. oh I did, I say reaching into my jacket and pulling out a folded piece of paper. My oldest granddaughter holds out a hand, can I read it grandma frags? Of course penny, art had named his daughter after Preston just not Preston. My stepdaughter walks into the room. Mama what are you telling my daughter? The youngest daughter keely (hmm coincidence 😏 not!) the story of love! Keely shouts. while marcaline fusses with Keely's hair I hand penny the book, she looks at me and smiles. so you don't make the same mistakes as me. I hand her the piece of paper. My favourite grandchild is penny. penny anxiously looks at me and smiles. I open toward the middle of the book, I flip past a few pages before writing
Penny's story~ love you grandma frags
She grins and hugs me. she is so much like Preston, she told me she has a group of friends that remind me of my group of friends . and they call themselves "the pack"
Her pack is consisted of
Maddie
Jenny
Robin
Penny
Victoria
Lacey
And Lucas.
And they all have a YouTube channel.