𝐱𝐢𝐯. you are a monster

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ 

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧; you are a monster

(tw: mentions & attempts of suicide)

WHEN JUNIPER SPOTTED WING and Hermes, she was about to spread her rage towards them when suddenly, she realised they were talking and so, she silently camouflaged into the bushes, eavesdropping.

"It has to be the girl from Ten, at least," Wing said. Her voice was husky and rough, seeming like she had a sore throat. "And then probably the boy. And then I'm guessing it's the chick from Seven."

"Cedar?" Hermes asked. Unlike his counterpart, his voice was soft and silky, flowing without any mishaps. "Perhaps... so it's the guy from Seven, the three Careers', and the emo from Eight."

"Mhm..." Juniper saw Wing nod, the girl running a hand through her faint black hair. It was out of its braid and the curls cascaded down her back. There were dark patches underneath her grey eyes. "Hermes... what if it's not?"

"Not what?"

"Not those three that died?" Wing suggested. "I mean — it has to be the boy from Ten because I saw the girl from Two stab him, but his twin got him out of there... you don't reckon... you know..."

"What? She killed him?" Hermes asked. "That's stupid, Wing. A sister wouldn't kill her brother... it has to be her, the boy, and Cedar."

"But what if it's not?" Wing questioned, stuffing her face full with potatoes. "Because I'm sure the Careers' ran away once Cedar and Ash did. And then a cannon went off, and then Ash ran away to where they went to, the two twins, and then a cannon went off. And then Cedar went to them and a cannon went off."

"So you're saying Juniper Hale killed her brother and her two allies?" Hermes said. "I mean — it could be, but I highly doubt it."

Juniper watched as Wing rolled her eyes before focusing on her roast meal. But the girl kept looking over her shoulder, at the bush that Juniper was hiding in. She kept peering and the teenager from Ten held her breath, clutching the sword in her grasp. 

"Something's moving..." Wing whispered as she set her meal down. She reached over and picked up her shiny, gleaming daggers. "In the bushes... over there."

"It's probably just another one of those stupid birds..." Hermes shrugged as he watched his counterpart slowly get up, walking towards the bush. 

"No... it's—"

Before Wing could even finish her sentence, she had stalked close enough to the bush and so, Juniper leaped up and swung her sword across. And there was no mercy, no remorse as the girl watched the head of the one from Six fly off, blood squirting everywhere. Juniper heard the cannon echo around and smirked slightly as she watched Wing's head fly in the air before settling onto the muddy ground. Her grey eyes were duller than ever, stuck in that shocked look.