Chapter 2: Hello?

_*Davids POV*_

I have everything ready for the campers. I'm just so happy that I get to see their happy faces. Gwen walks over to where I am.

"Hey Gwen!"

"Hi." She replied

"Sooo, are you ready to see the campers?"

"As ready as I'll ever be I guess."

I smile, she seems sorta happy? I'll say she is. A car pulls up. I glance over at the car to see who it is. The car doors open and the trunk pops open. A boy with red hair comes out and gets a small bag from the trunk. Oh it's Nerf, I wouldn't expect him to be the first one here, but guess the unexpected!

Another camper came, it was Nerris and Harrison. Others came over time, Nikki and Neil just arrived.

"Hey Neil and Nikki, have you seen or heard from Max?" I asked

Both of them replied with "No"

I guess he will be late to get here, hopefully. Oh I have his house phone number! I'll call it.

_*Max's POV*_

I was lounging around waiting for my wonderful parents to get home. The phone started to ring, I walked over and picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Ah, Hello, is Jimmy home?"

"No sorry."

They hanged up the phone. Probably another drug dealer or something. I opened a window to get some air, it feels compacted inside the house. The phone rang again, "ugh" I whined.

"Hello!" A familiar and cheerful voice said.

"Hi"

"Is this Max?"

"Yeah"

"Great! Will you be at camp soon?" He seemed kinda worried or upset.

"No, why should you even care."

"Because, I care about you Max."

I paused for a minute. "Max? Are you there?"

"Yeah, I'll see you later"

_*Time Skip*_

I packed my bag, I am walking I guess. Hopefully they aren't close to home.. I walk out after making sure they weren't here. I think I'm going the right direction. Not that I care if I get to camp or get ran over.

_*Time Skip*_

I think I am close, I feel like I am. Kids screaming, cars roaring past me, yelling, shady guys in alleyways, I must be near camp. A car that looked like.. my parent's was coming towards me. I farted into one of the alleyways and rid behind a garbage can. They didn't see me, I don't think.

_*Time Skip.. Again*_

I was walking down a dirt path and see a building, kids and heard random voices. It was camp, I made it all this way.

A/N:
Hey sorry for the long wait, stressed with school and stuff like that :'). Anyways I hope you liked this chapter 🤭 and more to come.