|| 10 ||

"Stop it

"Stop it." I didn't have time to give her a fucking pep talk. I press for the elevator.

"Stop what?"

"Fear. I can smell and see it all over your fucking body. Vicious will not lay a hand on you. I won't let anything happen to you. Trust me."

"Trust you? Weren't you trying to kill me ten minutes ago?

"Twenty." I correct her, getting on the elevator. She doesn't move, and I don't have time for her shit. I don't have time for it. Vicious isn't the type of man to show up unannounced, and the quicker I get upstairs, the quicker I can find out what the fuck he is doing here. "Emily, we don't have all night to play this fucking game. Get in the damn elevator before I make you."

Hearing the threat—no more like promise in my voice, she walks onto the elevator putting enough distance between us.

"Emelia, you're childish." I scoff. "I don't bite."

She eats the distance between us, and I don't have time to react. Her small hands grab the lapels of my blazer. She puts a lot of force into pulling me forward. There she goes. Her eyes blazing with anger. My little spitfire.

"Listen here, Bash, I love my life very much. I worked hard to become Emily. As I told you countless fucking times, call me Emily. My name is Emily Marie Ross, not Emelia April Rosedale. Emelia is dead, got it." She lets me go, and I slam her against the elevator wall. Harder than I had planned, but the look on her face lets me know my mission was accomplished. The fear settles back nicely on her face. My cock jumps at the sight.

"You must have gotten the wrong impression, Emelia. You won't fear anyone in this world but me. Pull a stunt like that again, and I won't hesitate to put a bullet in between your perfect arched eyebrows."

A lie.

Emily is a drug that I never want to leave my system. From the first time, my eyes landed on her five years ago, I couldn't look away. She was at a bar, reading. Every man had their sights set on her, but she paid no one any attention. I still remember the book. Sweet Tooth. My curiosity got the better of me, and I purchased the book wanting to know what had my beautiful angel's attention. Kade fucking Romano, a fictional character—who lived life to the fullest and did as he fucking pleased. As I read more of the story I learned my angel had a naughty side. A side I wish to uncover. I assume if anyone reads dirty books like that wish to make some of those scenes a reality.

But life happened, and all I could do was watch from afar. Business got busier and the Elevator Pitch seemed to grow as more clients wanted someone out the picture.

I knew all about Emily Ross the second she left out the bar, and we accidentally bumped into each other. A week later, I had a fake maintenance team install cameras in her apartment. Not like I was able to see her, she vanished. Moved in the middle of the day. It intrigued me more. I always wanted to know what she was hiding from. She never stayed at one place longer than three months tops. It wasn't until six months ago I found out why.