|| 31 ||

I wake up to the sound of laughter

I wake up to the sound of laughter. Not just anyone's laughter—Em's. What could she possibly think is so fucking hilarious so early in the morning? I look at my nightstand, and to be surprised, it's not morning but one in the afternoon.

How the fuck?

Of course, I know how.

Em.

After I was a dick to her—an hour later, she crawled into my bed, snuggling against me like a fucking puppy. I didn't protest when she crawled her naked ass into my bed; I rolled over, pulling her into my arms. Her behavior last night only further proved my point that I don't know who the fuck this woman is now. The Em I know would have stayed the fuck away from me, not crawl into my bed to fucking snuggle.

Ten minutes into snuggling turned into me fucking her repeatedly. I couldn't resist her, no matter how hard I tried. Her body was soft and warm against mine, and her moans drove me wild. We were lost in our own little world, oblivious to everything else around us.

I jump out of bed as soon as I hear Julian's voice. They're back to being fucking best buddies, I guess. I quickly put on my sweatpants and exit my room to find Em and Julian sitting together at the kitchen island. My gaze travels over Em's appearance. Her hair is no longer styled neatly but a bit disheveled. It looks like she found the clothes she left behind six months ago in my closet—a pink crop top and another pair of my sweatpants.

Nonetheless, she looks breathtaking. Jules notices me first and gives a slight nod. Em turns around to face me, locking her gaze with mine.

"You overslept," Julian comments as if he knows something I don't.

"I had a late night." I move towards the coffee maker to pour myself a cup.

"Any updates on Kade or James?"

I continue to move around in silence, ignoring Julian's question. He knows that I haven't heard anything. I slept for over nine hours - something I haven't been able to do in the past six months. Sleep was foreign to me after Em left my life, but I slept like a baby last night with her warm body pressed against mine. It was one of the best nights of sleep I've had in a long time.

"Bash?"

"What, Jules?"

"Any word?"

"No. Now, can I at least have a sip of coffee before we dive into the end of the world?" I turn to face Em, noticing the slight smirk on her face.

"Is there something funny about this situation?" I ask, my tone serious.

She quickly shakes her head.

"Then wipe that fucking smirk off your face."

"Sebastian, you will only get so many chances to talk to me like a fucking asshole before I bite back. So, what if I slept with Ryder? You've slept with countless women while stalking me for five years." She scoffs, rolling her eyes. "We both fucked up. You didn't love me enough to not move on to Olivia." She slides off the barstool and walks around the counter. "You also betrayed me. And another thing, you allowed Julian to eat my pussy on our wedding day and then get pissed off about it. Did you stop to think, is this something Em really wants? No, you didn't. I will no longer allow you to dictate what I say or do outside the bedroom. We're on equal ground here. You need me as much as I need you." She takes the cup of coffee out of my hand and goes back to her seat.