School for a Delinquent Girl - Chapter 25

Chapter 25

“How do I look?” I walk to them with these killer heels that I managed for four freaking hours to practice so I won’t trip off. I’m wearing an off shoulder above the knee blue black dress with abbreviate continued sleeves. Sadly without my black wristbands but bracelet that matches my dress and this cute diamond shape necklace.

I look at them who’re sitting comfortably in the couch, “What?”

I glance at Jack, his right hand at his chin while his fingers are roaming at his lips, blue eyes examining me from head to toe, “Different” Jack finally say.

At the middle is Chris, lips pursed, one brow is up which looks like confusion. He stares at my face, “Same as Jack.”

I look at my left side, “Will?”

Will just stare at my face and shrugs, “Different.”

 I ruffle my hair.

“Don’t!” I look behind me where the annoying squeak came from. I realized why she did that when my hair starts falling in my front. Crap. I forgot. I try to comb my hair using my beautiful hand with shining and shimmering red nails.

“Don’t mind them” Erika stands beside me and slap my hands away from my hair so she will do her magic again. “They’re jerks, they don’t know how to appreciate efforts” she looks at my face, “don’t be sad, silly. We didn’t do it for hours just to be bothered by them.”

I nod and force a smile. I took a huge gulp of air then look at them, “Different good or bad?”

Silence is good. It’s nice to be peaceful. But why are they silent now? I eyed Jack, he looks at Chris. Chris widened his eyes and half-shake his head then they both turn their head to Will who dodge their daggers, I mean look. Jack and Chris stare at him more that’s when Will looks at Erika with some message attach.

Erika clears her throat, “I’m not the one who said different”

Chris, Erika and I look at Jack and Will. Jack immediately looks at the ceiling counting one to eleven and Will suddenly have an important call to make. Who’s fooling who?

I sigh; enough with these staring contests. “Bad different.” Should I tear this dress off and just wear plain shirt and jeans? I walk to the couch and make them move. Then I sat next to Will with both of my hands in my face. I was expecting a jaw-dropping moment!

“Good different” I suddenly look at my left side. All heads are turn to Jack. He looks directly at my eye. “Good referring to how you look. For a guy, you look good. Stunning”

We waited him to speak more but he smiled and lean on the couch again.

“One question” Will says, “why are you trying to be like Crystal?”

“Am I?” I look at my dress. Well…I…

“Your brown hair is good, perfect. I like your blue eyes” Jack says.

“So why did you change it into strawberry blonde and gray contact lens?” Will looks at my dress, “Did you ask Erika? Or is it your idea to show…” he looks at my boobs.

I can’t think of any possible correct good answer now. I close my eyes.

“I chose the dress” Erika lied for me.

“No, it’s all my idea” It’s completely useless to lie to them.

After I said that, there’s a long eerie sound. Nothing, it’s very unusual that no one speaks. My eyes are still closed. I can just picture their expression - their eyes are big? No, I’m not sure, I’ll skip that. Eyebrows up? Or just one brow? Mouths are open? Did they ever do that? – On second thought, I can’t picture their expression. I immediately open my eyes. Nothing…literally, where are they?