EPISODE III - The War

EPISODE III
The War

The days grew by like the snap of a finger, unknowing what would happen in the future. Many knew what, and many didn't. I was one of those who didn't, and yearned for an answer. A day of light and ridded of the darkness. Warm breezes coming by, but shrouded by cold winds of the day. We fight to the death. We live in the night.

These trench lines grew over miles and miles of cities and villages. This was the old style. This was the truth of the Protogens. We knew their might and just how strong they are, but what could we ever do about them? What could we ever do to end this nightmare, and bring upon good days back to mankind? Would that ever be possible? I'd say not, but there's still hope in some, including me. Just look for the light.

Who knows how many good men I've seen die in these trenches; and how many lives were destroyed, trampled by this war. Our invaders don't seem to care, so why are we still going at this? When will they realize that this is war, and that war comes with its consequences. Nobody seems to understand that but me, and me only. I might have lost everyone in my life by now, with the months this invasion has lasted, and yet I don't feel any presence of emotion, nor anything that would make me a burden. Nothing I don't know of at least.

I wield a rifle in my hand everyday, and I fire a bullet everyday. We will win this war, I just know it. Days will pass by and hope will be scarce at times, but I'm still not going to surrender, not to these things. They're not even human, so might as well die. This is true of humanity, and true of the war. When will it ever end, is unknown to all. I won't be surprised if I'm at death's door by the time that day arrives. I should have died a long time ago.