1

"My moon in the sky"

"I believe Daemon loved his eldest daughter Megara dearly, he had dresses and dolls crafted especially for her. He would proclaim the girl to be his beautiful moon, why did he turn his back on her and say she was a Bronze demon rather than a dragon...I do not know" - Mushroom

Princess Megara grew to be a precious child, with sweet silver curls, and violet eyes so pretty they resembled two gemstones, her cheeks were the color of roses and she held one of the purest of hearts. Rhea had a hard time parting with her daughter whenever Daemon came. The Prince avoided Runestone like a plague but he found himself unable to resist the pull that Megara had on him, he had always wanted a valyrian child, and whilst Megara was not pure, she did look as though she was. Daemon would often take the girl away but never longer than a month, and rarely did he allow her to be seen at court, he did not wish people to see proof of him laying with a beast.

"Am I going home Kepa?" The small girl stood a few feet away from her father, clutching a toy dragon he had gifted her, "Home is with me Tala" he smiled softly rising up from his chair, he abandoned his cup of wine, swiftly picked the girl up from the floor and placed her in his arms "I suppose I must return you to her" he spoke aloud bitterly, his fingers playing with the girls silver locks "Mama must miss me lots!" she giggled wrapping her arms around his neck, his eyes blurred out of life for but a moment, as though the child had just tried to choke the life out of him. Daemon frowned as he stared at her giddy smile, the fire in his chest burnt as he desired to consume her with it. "Yes...I'm sure she does" Megara was Rhea's child, her sweet storm child. She would never be his, that is what Daemon had taught himself to believe, Megara would destroy him and break him of all the values he had. Daemon could never create such a good, sweet, tame, and docile child, he needed soldiers.

"I must first speak with your uncle" he set her on the floor and strode up to the door of their shared apartments "I wish to go!" Daemon frowned at this and rubbed his temples with a huff "Fine" he pushed open the door and walked out, without a second thought Megara followed her cheeks round from how brightly she smiled, she hummed and skipped behind her father, still clutching the toy. Guards and maids smiled and waved at the young princess in delight, they found her to be strangely sweet, very different from her father. "Megara keep up" called her father as he entered the King's chambers "Okay!" she rushed to the door and followed her father inside "Little Megara" her uncle Viserys turned to look at her happily from where he sat, the princess rushed to him and hugged his leg "I'm going back to mama!" she announced happily causing the kings to smile to dim a bit "How wonderful, I shall miss you terribly" he lightly stroked her hair and gave a small kiss to her head "I'll miss you too" she giggled and turned to look at her father with big bright eyes. Daemon did not share this happiness as his face showed not a single emotion, which caused discomfort in Viserys. Somedays Viserys couldn't understand the man, for a moment a lovely father, and the next as cruel as a soldier.