4

"Did you replace me with the stars?"

117 AC

"A letter has arrived, Princess," the maid announced, interrupting Megara's diligent study of her finance book. At seven years of age, Megara had matured in many ways. Yes Her face still retained her baby fat, and her eyes continued to resemble violet gems. Her hair remained dyed as a reminder of her dearest mother, a connection she cherished, But Megara was more grown, holding more responsibility.

Megara glanced up and thanked the maid, her curiosity piqued. Morana, seated by the crackling fire, looked at her with mild curiosity. "Who is it, love?" she inquired. "Laena Velaryon...my stepmother," Megara replied, She hesitated for a moment, reflecting on the fact that Laena had never reached out to her before. Megara carefully opened the letter, her violet eyes scanning its contents. Inside, she found unexpected news. Laena informed her that she now had two new sisters, Rhaena and Baela Targaryen, twin girls who were about to turn a year old next month. Laena invited Megara to join them for the celebration, emphasizing that it was to be just the three of them, without anyone else present.

Megara's mind raced with conflicting thoughts and emotions. She wondered if she should feel hurt by the fact that her stepmother had reached out to her, bypassing the man she called father. Had he replaced her so quickly, or had he never truly loved her at all? Morana, always perceptive, broke the silence with a question. "Will you be going?"

A sly smile played on Megara's lips as she contemplated her response. "Yes," she replied, "The best way to kill your enemy is by keeping them close." Morana returned her smile, a sense of pride in her eyes, and then returned to her own book. She understood the depth of Megara's ambition and intelligence. However, beneath the facade of determination and accomplishment, a pang of sadness and jealousy nagged at Megara's chest. She now had sisters, and her father had new daughters. Did he call them by the same nicknames he had once used for her? Did they share secret dragon rides together? Would they soon indulge in the same pumpkin treats she used to enjoy with him? Anger boiled within her, a desire for revenge against her father for the hurt she had endured.

She couldn't understand...how could he feel so good, when she felt so bad.

The journey had been long and filled with anticipation. Megara hadn't seen her father since she was perhaps four years old, and the thought of reuniting with him after all these years filled her with a mixture of excitement and apprehension. As she disembarked from the boat, she allowed her servants to handle her bags, her eyes scanning the unfamiliar surroundings. Then, a figure approached her, and Megara's attention was immediately drawn to her. The woman before her was strikingly beautiful, with long, curly white hair that cascaded down her back, dark skin that seemed kissed by the sun, and enchanting eyes that held a fierce and fiery determination. She bore a resemblance to her brother, and yet there was something more, an unmistakable aura of dragon blood that radiated from her. This was Laena Velaryon, her stepmother.