|Chapter One|

"Maroon paperback available ✌️. Link in bio."

Note: It is complete work of fiction. The story might contain some mature theme, along with the lead in obsessive and possessive behavior. If it makes you uncomfortable, you're free to skip.

Playlist for 'Maroon'

Maroon- Taylor Swift
In the middle of the night- Elley Duhé
Shameless- Camila Cabello
If I killed someone for you- Alec Benjamin
The Red means I love you- Madds Buckley
Animals- Maroon 5
Gateway car- Taylor Swift
I'm yours- Isabel LaRosa
Into You- Ariana Grande

•|†|•

"And I chose you
The one I was dancin' with
In New York, no shoes
Looked up at the sky and it was"

•|†|•

"This is for you, Ms. Angela." The five year old, Emily beamed at me, showing her front teeth, offering a small bouquet of white lilies to me.

I smiled accepting the flowers from her small hands. "Thank you, sweetie." I brought the flowers, to my nose sniffing the sweet scent. "Wow! They smell so pretty. I loved them. But how did you find I like lily."

I crouched down, grinning to the little girl's height. She nodded, swinging her piggytails, with a cheeky smile, showing her dimples. "You told us, the very first day of our class, teacher." She spoke in her cute giggly tone, making me smile.

"Really? You've been growing lily for me? Pretty Emily." She laughed when my fingers tickled her stomach.

"That's right, Ms. Angela." I heard a male, voice as I saw, Emily's parents entered the staff room, with a baby in woman's arm.

I smiled shaking my hand with them. "Welcome, sir and ma'am, and you too, little baby." My hand patted the baby's heard earning a sweet chuckle, melting my heart.

"Well, I must say, Emily, do adores you a lot." The mother trailed, holding her baby in in other arm. "..like a magician you played a spell on her. She never declines your order."

We chuckled, as Emily hid her face in her palms. "She was too excited to give you the flowers. Even she herself prepared the bouquet." I mumbled a thank you, hearing her mother.

"She loves you a lot. To be honest, she's obsessed with you." The father chuckled along with his wife, but I felt a shiver running down to my spine.

My eyes dropped on the floor, along with the smile, searching for something to fix my eyes on. I don't want to be rude with the parents but all of a sudden, I lost my voice.

A certain voice rang in my ears, along with the word;

Obsession.

The parents must have noticed my expressionless face, because, when Emily's mother tapped my shoulder, I saw her tensed. "Are you alright, Ms. Angela? All of a sudden you went....quiet." her voice got low word by word.

I blinked my eyes, before shaking my head, as a nervous chuckle left my mouth. "Yes, I am fine. I-I am.. sorry for spacing out." Both of them gave an unfunny chuckle, sharing a glance. I sure made the atmosphere awkward.

"W-well, where are you going in breaks? " I asked as delighted as I can, to light up the certain tension. "...the school's winter break, sure isn't going to keep kids in house." And squeezed Emily's cheeks, softly. Her mother nodded in agreement.