|Chapter Nineteen|

And I chose you
The one I was dancin' with
In New York, no shoes
Looked up at the sky and it was

.|†|.

Sometimes I hate the fact where I can't recognize that kind of emotion.

It is so unfamiliar and strange to the point where I can't help but refuse it.

My life never had any answer to my questions. I never had perfect family.

A family?

I never had a great relationship....with anyone, I guess. Neither permanent. Anything I had was never supposed to be mine.

My life was a misery.

Not until, she came.

.|†|.

I never found moon, this pretty. Maybe I never had time. It was just so complicated, to begin with.

I leaned on the glass doorframe, staring at the moon, which was cascading it's moonlight, around the compound. The night's so peaceful.

I closed my eyes, inhaling deeply the cold, clean air. I don't know what happened to me, but I am feeling better. I never felt this great ever before.

I am not sure, if it's worth living it or not. What if it disappears, if I turn around. I turned around, but only to feel my heart warming.

The beautiful maroon piano, stood in the middle of the room. I smiled, scanning it. It was still the same. I stepped closer to it.

The flashbacks flooded my brain. I never felt this way in long time. Kinda contented.

My mom's name written on the top of the keyboard. I sat down, roaming my eyes around the big instrument in front of me. My fingers shivering, hovering above the keys.

I felt my heart drumming against my chest, sounding as if a anticipated atmosphere, waiting for me to play, but I can't build up the confidence.

And then suddenly, my finger dropped. As if, someone else did it for me, and in a snap, I found myself, playing the slow nodes. My smile grew wider, remembering my mom teaching me the same thing.

It was only the moonlight lightening up the entire room, no light was needed. I can't help but giggle seeing myself literally doing something I haven't done in years.

The soft music echoing through the walls. My sweet memories crossing my mind. I didn't realize, and the lights turned on.

"I never knew you could play piano."

Her honey voice filling my ears. Frantically, I looked at the door frame. There stood my love, smiling at me. Her frame against the door way. "You're good at it." She trailed, walking towards me.

I don't know why, but my face felt heated. Scratching the back of my head, I tried to send a smile, which is kinda weird because I felt the uneasy, creeping feeling over my neck.

"You still up?." She shrugged her shoulders, strolling next to me, plopping down.

"It's difficult to sleep when you're not next to me." She spoke it so nonchalantly that it took me a second to process. I stared her, as she settled closer to me. "What?" She asked, with pure innocence in her eyes.

"You can't sleep without me?"

"I mean, yeah. It's kinda scary, also I am habitual to the fact that you are next to me." She smiled as her cheeks sprinkled with the crimson blush. She squirmed in her seat, averting her gaze. "I didn't mean to sound weird." She fidget with her hands, playing with the hem of my shirt, which was loosely around her frame.