End of Winter 150 Expeditionary log

Traveling to the location through the savage wastelands is one of the worst experiences of my life.

The wasteland of smashing, near playful pool, was very unpleasant as the stink in this place is much higher than it would be normally. This place was comparable to a huge terran organic waste disposal room and the dust storms add even more injury to the insult this place is.

The place doesn't look very grand except for the river and towers that grows along the riverbank. There's a small elevation on both right and left of the location otherwise the place is rather plain than I hoped it to be. I have also heard this place was a savage area, the territory of several big and nasty creatures.
Oddly the first creature we saw was a group of water grub man in the river.

Everyone in this expedition wanted to drill down and carve a hole as the first course of action as  nobody could bear this land's odour. After a small break, we went to collect and dump as much materials as possible in this hole while Kirana built a farm in the hole. However after building it he tells me that it was useless as we don't have anything that could be farmed underground.
So all the farm packets we have is for farms in surface that require adequate sunlight.
That sounded like bad omen to me , definitely not someone incompetent enough to not check the farm packets he brings.

We had to start a farm in the terrible surface. I suggested Kirana to grow hydroponic algae, however this pissed the farmer and he began growing compost fungus out of spite. The farmer really disdains suggestions or advice. I hope we can brew the fungus to make drinks . If not, then it's the disgusting river water for the next season.

Two of the three vagrants that accompanied us were women. One women with white skin was a little flirty while the other with dark tan skin was quite silent. They all look surprisingly tough and mighty , perfect for hauling or fortress defence.
The male vagrant's name was Prate and he is a really fun guy. He made some flattering remarks and we joked about water ogres and the seacladers. After having a small chat with him, I learnt that he was orphaned at a very young age and served as a provision transporting recruit for most of his life. He was transferred to this operation after some logistical mishaps and bad communication between the global ministry. He seems to be rather clumsy.

The biohauler was the only animal we brought ,as such it is truly a helpful companion

The biohauler was the only animal we brought ,as such it is truly a helpful companion. Without it, we wouldn't been able to reach the location as quick as we did. I was thinking about naming it "Bonnie" but dropped the idea as I didn't want to get too attached with it. It currently guards our food stockpile from those pesky water grub man and other surface critters if those ever come for our food.

Apologies for the rather mundane report. We are just starting out , I have some plans and a mini-project to keep Chiangtsuni well defended. Chiangtsuni will soon be the bastion that "The constructive horde" needs.

Expeditionary log by Cisha Amasinod.