The Terror of Tal'Dorei Part 2

At Tal'Dorei Castle

Y/N POV:

After arriving at Tal'Dorei, we made our way back to the castle so that we could inform the Sovereign that the beast was a blue dragon. We were walking down the hallway when we heard Sir Fince talking.

"I've been gathering intelligence we sorely lack. Seems your band of fools have gone missing. Safe to say you've sent Vox Machina to their doom." said Fince, looking smug.

"Doom? We don't know the meaning of the word." said Scanlan, exaggerating. 

"Well I certainly don't." said Grog, confused.

"Sovereign, hold on to your god damn crown. We've discovered that the monster is none other than a blue dragon." said Scanlan.

"We know." the council said, not surprised.

"Did you kill it?" asked Lady Allura.

"I wouldn't say kill, really." replied Keyleth, unsure how to answer.

"We're still kinda, working on that part." said Pike.

"Haha, I can't believe you made it out alive, how did you survive?" asked Krieg, eyeing all of us. I don't know why he kept doing that but it's kind of getting on my nerves! Definitely makes him look like a creep.

"Hmm, trade secrets I'm afraid, Kriegy." said Scanlan.

"We hid and it flew away." answered Percy.

"We're alive, thanks to Keyleth." I said, smiling. She smiled and looked away, being bashful. I looked over her shoulder and saw that Vex was holding her head in pain, indicating that a person was indeed working with the dragon.

"These blabbering fools are useless, Sire. Perhaps if we made an offering to the dragon, gold in exchange for peace." suggested Fince.

"Why don't we shake its hand and offer to fucking pint while we're at it." said Vax, sounding annoyed. 

"A dragon cannot be barted with. If it desires Emon's destruction, it will not relent." said Vex, shutting down the idea.

"You heard her, Sire. You know what must be done." said Krieg, looking at Sovereign Uriel.

"But what if it attacks the city? We'd be sitting ducks." said Lady Kima.

"What would you have me do? Let it burn more farmland, slaughter more innocence? No, we will bring the fight to it, on our terms." declared Uriel. "General, you may move our soldiers at dawn."

"But Sire, you know-" 

"I have made my decision, Lady Kima." said Uriel, cutting Lady Kima off. With his decision made, Lady Kima nodded her head and bowed.

"This council is adjourned." Uriel said, ending the meeting. We were then escorted out of the palace doors. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw that the guards were petting both Iris and Trinket, though they stopped when we came out. 

"I felt it again, that same feeling I had around the dragon." Vex said, concluding that there was a connection. "There must be a connection, one of them is working with that fucker." 

"uh-huh uh-huh yeah, I bet, I bet it's Allura, I never trust anyone prettier than me." Scanlan said, thinking Allura was the culprit.

"I don't think so. If it was Allura, then Vex would have felt it back on the skyship to the Shale Steps." I said, shutting down his accusation.

"Exactly, it has to be Fince." said Vex. 

"The creepy one, looked like a withered piece of scrap leather." Percy said, helping with the description.