The Feast of Realms

Y/N POV:

I was standing in the middle of nowhere, in a dark space. There was nothing around me, it was like I was trapped in the ocean. Where the water was black and the water was bitter cold, only it wasn't an ocean. I was perfectly standing, on flat solid ground. 

"Hello? Is anyone here?" I asked, as I started looking around. Trying to find somebody, I continued to walk, wondering if there was anybody here. But after awhile, I stopped in my tracks and sat on the ground. That's when I heard something, far in the distance.

"Y/N." I heard a woman's voice, saying my name. For some reason, it sounded familiar, but I couldn't understand why. 

"Hello?" I asked, standing up and looking around to see if I could find the voice. But no matter where I looked, all I could see was empty space.

"Y/N..." The woman's voice said, again saying my name but not making an appearance. I was kind of confused, I could hear her but couldn't see her. And for some reason, the woman's voice sounded like she knew me, only I didn't know her. I didn't know who this woman was or how she knew my name.

"Who are you? Where are you?" I asked. 

"Y/N... live a long life... please..." She said, again, but it sounded like she was pleading. Like she didn't want anything bad happening to me.

Before I could ask her why she sounded so concerned, the area around me started to turn white. It got brighter and brighter, until I shut my eyes closed. When I opened them again, I was back in my room on my bed. 

I stayed lying on my bed and contemplated on what happened in my dream. I've never had a dream or vision like this one before. I mean, when me and the others traveled and we'd sleep outside, I would sometimes get dreams. But, this one was somehow... different. Like she was trying to warm me of something.

I looked over to see if I had woken up Iris by any chance, but it looked like she was still asleep. You'd think that since fox's have heightened hearing and smell, they'd wake up or at least open their eyes. But Iris wasn't like that, she's a heavy sleeper. I chuckle, seeing her tail tucked under her head and sleeping soundly.

I looked outside and saw that it was still nighttime. I quietly walked over to my desk and pulled out my journal. Whenever I had strange visions or dreams, I'd always write it in my journal. That way, I don't forget what I saw. Once I was done I placed my journal back in my bag and went back to bed. 

-Morning-

I woke up after I  heard the rooster's crow. I slowly sat up and yawned, stretching my back. I look down and noticed Iris stretching her body and releasing a yawn of her own. I got up and put my clothes on, getting ready for the day. As I was done, I walked over to Iris and picked her up, petting her behind her ear.