~New Track, New Beginning~

Gus' POV

I looked up at the board, trying to pay attention to what the teacher was saying, but I couldn't even focus. I groaned silently and slammed my head on the desk. I wasn't paying attention to who was sitting next to me, until he said, "Uhhh, you okay, Augustus?" I looked up in surprise, it was Matt. It looked like he was doing Construction and Illusions now, based off his uniform.
"Yeah," I finally said. Oh Titan, this semester is gonna be weird, but maybe I can be friends with him? I mean I guess we already are, but it was never really 'confirmed.' Matt shrugged and looked back up at the teacher, I can tell he couldn't focus much either. I'm pretty much a master at illusions anyway, I wanna learn more about the mysteries of the human realm instead of.. This. I grabbed a notepad from my backpack, and a pencil, and wrote down a note that read, 'Wanna skip?' I folded it up and slid it to Matt. He picked it up and read it, then he wrote down something on the note, and gave it back. I read it,
it read, 'Yes, this is boring anyway' I folded up the note, shoved it in my backpack, and grabbed his hand, not noticing his face get slightly flushed. I created an illusion of us paying attention, then snuck out the classroom. "Soooo what do you wanna do?" I asked, looking at Matt, his face was really red. I was confused but just assumed he was warm, since Hexside is pretty hot inside. "Maybe take a walk?" Matt suggested.
"Yeah, that sounds good," I replied. Still holding his hand, I ran down the hallway, and out the door of Hexside. "Slow down, Augustus!" Matt shouted as he stopped to catch his breath once we were outside. I laughed as he tried to catch his breath. "Sorry," I said between laughs, "I guess I just got too excited" Matt caught his breath and said, "Ya think?" We both laughed.

Later, During the walk

Matt was staying silent, hands in his pockets, while I was going wild over the cool plants and trees in the forest. I was saying a lot of cool facts about the plants in the human realm, and it seemed like he actually enjoyed listening to them, probably because he likes the human realm too. I still don't know if this counts as friendship, so I need him to confirm it. "So, does this mean we're friends?" I asked. "I.. Guess it does," Matt said, laughing a bit. I smiled and hugged him, I'm glad we can have a new beginning. Suddenly, I felt a drop of boiling rain on me. Matt noticed immediately and said, panicked, "Augustus! Are you okay?!" It hurt like hell, but I said, to make him less worried, "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine, let's just find shelter fast, my house is near here." I grabbed his hand and ran to my house. I slammed the door open. Matt had a lot of burns from the rain, we both did. I shut the door. "Augustus?" My dad said as he quickly stood up, "Why are you here, aren't you supposed to be at school, and why'd you bring this boy with you, you could both get in trouble!" I held onto my arm, "Dad, we're fine, we just wanted to take a quick walk, but the rain came," I said, strengthening the tone in my voice. I held onto Matt's hand again, went the the bathroom, and shut the door. I grabbed the bandages from the closet and bandaged Matt. After, he helped bandage me.  "That hurt like hell," Matt said. "Matty, this is hell," Gus said, laughing. "I mean, technically," Matt said before laughing a bit too. We ended up talking about the human realm and made a fantastical plan about how to get there, it most likely won't work but at least we tried. I looked at a nearby clock, '8:00PM' it read. "Uh, Matty?" I said. "What is it?" Matt said, concerned. "It's 8PM," I said. Matt looked shocked by my response. I can tell he probably had a curfew since he looked extremely anxious. "You can stay here for the next if you want," I said. "I don't wanna be a bother, it's fine," Matt responded. "You won't be, trust me," I said.

7 minutes later

I finally convinced him he wasn't a bother and that he can stay for the night. I grabbed a spare mattress and set it down in my bedroom since there was enough space for it.

Bedtime

I changed into my pajamas in the bathroom, and Matt did after me. He layed down on the mattress, I put some pillows and a blanket on it so he would be comfortable. "Goodnight, Matty," I said as I turned off the lights. "Goodnight," he responded, closing his eyes as we both fell asleep.