Autism And Shopping

Natasha's POV

So today i'm taking Y/N to the mall to buy her some new clothes on Starks card seeing as she's been living with us at the avengers compound for a week now and all she has to wear are Wandas old clothes.
The only thing is, Y/N is autistic and shopping centres are quite loud and crowded but to kind of help with this i've decided to take her to an outside one so there's room for her to breathe.

"Y/N sweetheart, are you ready?" I ask her.
"Yes i'm coming Nat!" She replies, she walks downstairs wearing a pair of denim skinny jeans and one of my oversized hoodies that she stole from me last week.

As i wait for Y/N to put her shoes on, i grab my back pack and fill it with fidgets, ear defenders, her favourite teddy, colouring book and her pencil case full of coloured gel pens.

"I'm ready Nat." Y/N dashes to the door and exits the building, i unlock my car and she jumps into the passenger seat turning the music on as soon as she gets into my car and putting her feet up on the dashboard.

~ Time skip ~

We arrive at the outdoor shopping centre and Y/N and I go straight into Primark, Y/N's favourite.
She picks out a few pairs of cute jeans and t-shirts and at least 5 pretty dresses prepared for any of Starks random parties.

I get too preoccupied looking at clothes until i realise Y/N is gone!
I frantically roam the shop looking for her as it's getting busy and loud in here. 'Maybe she's gone to find some place quiet' i think to myself so i leave the building and find Y/N sat outside curled in a ball with her back against a wall and her hands over her ears.

I approach her cautiously, trying not to scare her even more and sit down on the floor in front of her. I place my bag down and pull out her ear defenders and place them over her ears and grab her favourite fidget toy and place it into her hands. I pull her close to me hugging her tightly to put pressure on her body while i whisper to her "you are safe, it's okay, i'm here."

After a while, Y/N calms down and we agree that it's time to go home now that we've got everything we need. We walk to my car and Y/N goes straight to putting the radio on and putting her feet up on my dashboard like she does every time she gets into my car and we drive home.

———————————————

Author Note:

Heyyy, i hope you're all doing okay!!
I'm sorry this is a bit short i'm trying my best.

Please let me know if any of you have any story suggestions and i'll be sure to write them!!

Thank you for reading <3