Prologue

Author's note: Here we go guys! Enjoy xx feel free to comment I love reading everyone's reactions :) 

"Just one more round, come on Jess" Mandy slurs across the table.

"Alright fine but this has to be the last one, I've got a meeting with my boss tomorrow morning, and I can already feel my headache kicking in" I drill the words into her as I start to rub my temples.

A ring of cheers can be heard from across the bar as my three other friends join in.

Mandy quiets the table, "Okay, okay, Truth or dare?" Her wicked grin tells me she's up to no good.

I'm a 'this will be future Jess's problem, kinda gal' so there is no resistance when I say, "Dare" I never claimed to be smart while under the influence.

It's obvious that she has already thought of her next words because there's no hesitation when she blurts out "I dare you to go to the concert with me tomorrow night!"

Um, no. I wish you could all see my face. "Are you serious? Why would I want to go to a Harry Styles concert at all?"

"Because it's Harry Styles, and Bec pulled out last minute, so I have an extra ticket. You won't even need to pay. And don't even try to pull the, 'I'm busy card' because I know you're free".

I inhale then exhale, contemplating my next words. I am free tomorrow night, and I never get out of the house so it would probably be good for me. Tonight, was Amber's birthday which is why we are all gathered around a sticky round table drinking like no tomorrow.

"Alright fine. But you owe me big time" I point a finger at her as I lean in close enough to snatch the remainder of Mandy's drink, downing it in one go.

"Yay, I love you JJ" Mandy pulls a kissy face towards me and I giggle.

"WAIT!" Amber pipes up slamming her hands down, spilling her drink on the table. "Since it's my birthday I get to add to that dare!" she looks around towards our other friends grinning as if to say 'go along with this'.

As they say, curiosity killed the cat. I was curious. Amber was one of the more conservative friends in our little group. Red hair, green eyes and shy as anything, but get to know her around a few drinks and it's like she's a completely different person. "Alright go ahead" I wave my hands around.

"You can't just go to the concert. You need to make a scene, get him to notice you!"

I couldn't help but laugh, "Do you know how many people go to his concerts Amber?" I shake my head, "He's never going to notice me".

Mandy joins in then, "You know how to make a scene JJ, just be yourself! Bring a sign with a stupid request like "truth or dare" on it, he'll eat that up I promise"

"Gee thanks for that" I give her a blank face.

Amelia adds into the conversation, "You could write a sign that says 'Help me propose' I saw he responds really well to those ones. That man loves, love" her eyes get a little stary.

"How is everyone suddenly a Harry Styles fan?" I ask the others. Olivia shrugs her shoulders and says, "It's Harry Style J, everyone loves him".

"If everyone loves him so much, then why don't one of you guys go with Mandy tomorrow night?"

"Because she asked you" Olivia says.

"Because I asked you" Mandy responds.

"Because it's a dare" Amber glares.

"Alright, Alright gees. I'll go, and I'll make a stupid proposal sign. But I'm telling you guys now you're setting yourself up for a disappointing outcome. He's never going to see me"