Chapter 3

Is this Jess?

I've been staring at the message for the past seven minutes. I'm not sure who it's from but I have an idea.

It was sent two days ago, an hour after the concert finished. I Haven't given my number out to anyone except for Harry, so only one can assume.

It's not Harry, it wouldn't be.

I keep going in circles, my head could spin; do I reply? Or do I get a grip and delete the damn spam message?

The phone rings, brining me out of my border line psychotic state. The sound of 'Pump the Jam' by D.O.N.S fills my bedroom. The sound makes me groan; I really need to change that.

I blame the lack of sleep from all the chaos my life has become recently for how I answer the phone.

"What's up?" I rub my eyes attempting to wake myself up.

Yes, it's noon, yes, I was still sleeping, let me live. It's a Saturday for gods sake.

A low chuckle came through the other end of the phone, "Is that how you answer all your phone calls?"

My face scrunches up in confusion, who the hell am I talking to?

"Uh no not really, but I don't have your number saved so I'm assuming we aren't friends, therefore the lack of judgement on your end isn't taken into consideration "

"Well, that's a bit rude. I'd hope we'd be friends considering you wanted me to propose to you the other night" Harry's easy going tone makes me relax.

"Oh shush, who is this really?" I laugh. Someone has to be pranking me right now.

"You can't tell by my voice? Wow you really aren't a fan" there's a bit of shuffling around through the phone from his end.

"Well I'm not one to really obsess over others and plus I'm twenty two years old, I'm a bit too old to obsess over someone as big as Harry Styles. He'll never know I exist anyway so there's no point in indulging my thoughts." I ramble off to the stranger.

"Jess, I hate to break it to you but you're currently talking to him" I can hear the smile in his voice.

"Nah, that's bullcrap! Prove it then" I demand shuffling further down my bed.

"Alright, how?"

I bring up the camera on my phone, make a few adjustments with my hair confirming I look good enough to facetime this person. "Face time me then." I taunt.

"But I'm all sweaty from my run" he pushes back.

"Fine, then I'm just going to assume you're lying to me." I giggle.

Within the next three seconds I get an incoming request to join a facetime call.

Hesitantly I answer. Low and behold, it's Harry Styles.

He's sitting in what looks to be his bedroom, shirtless.

"I don't like to be called a liar by my future wives" he smirks at me through the phone.

I'm actually too stunned to speak. Harry Styles is facetiming me right now.

I shake my head and retaliate quickly, "Wives, as in plural? Gees I knew you were a player."

"Heeyyy" he drags out.

We talk aimlessly for a few minutes before I convince myself that I need to get out of bed. "I really should get going, I'm putting off so much house work right now just to talk to you."

"Yeah I should probably call my manager back, he's called four times since we've been chatting" his face shows that he isn't too excited about that. "But when can we talk again?" the eagerness in his voice puts me off.

"Uh, I'm not too sure actually, I'm quite busy during the week, but after work I could make some time" I would deny how big my smile was when he confirmed that he'd call back tomorrow night.

The silence that filled my room when we finally got off the call was deafening.

I knew that if I told my friends Harry called me, it would be all over the internet in a matter of seconds, so I decide to keep it to myself for the time being.

As I grab out some cleaning supplies the smile on my face doesn't faulter.

Harry and I have a call date tomorrow night!