Chapter 2

Author's note: Hey guys, I'm back with a new chapter! This one's dedicated to Emily! Thank you for all your support with this story xx 

"I literally cannot stand him"

Jess 

Waking up the next morning felt like I had just awoken from the dead.

My phone was nonstop going off all night, so I ended up throwing the damn thing across the room but now that my alarm is going off, I have to get out of bed and hunt for the thing. I realise now, how dumb that decision was.

After the five minutes I spend trying to find my phone I am already annoyed with the day. Yesterday was fun, I'll admit that Harry was great but now it's time to get back to reality... work.

I cancelled on my boss yesterday which means that not only do I have my initial meeting with him, but he's going to be in a pissy mood. Even better.

My phone goes off with yet another call, I'm in too much of a rush to see who's calling before I press the answer button. "Hello" I mumble as I walk into the bathroom.

"Hi, am I speaking with miss Grace?" an unknown voice speaks. "Um no, this is Jessica actually" I pull the phone away from my ear and look at the digits. Someone is calling from a blocked number.

"Oh, sorry Jessica Grace?" The lady speaks again. "Yes, this is she. May I ask who is speaking?" I put the phone on speaker so I can start with my skin care and hair routine.

Her voice goes up an octave, "Hi! My name is Jasmine, I work for the Daily Mail and was wondering if you'd be interested in doing an interview about your conversation with Mr Styles at last nights show?"

Jesus, how did these people get my number?

I don't go reading those stupid articles online about celebrities and what not, so there is no way that I am going to feed into the dramatics of what I'm sure will be a spin off on what actually happened last night.

When I take too long to answer Jasmine speaks up, "Of course you will be heavily compensated for your time. It should only take around twenty minutes, if that!"

"Thank you for the offer but I have to get to work now. Have a great day, goodbye" I shake my head and hang up. If I needed any more proof that these guys were bad news then that was it.

The rest of the day goes by in a blur. I had to switch my phone off yet again because of all the messages. Thank God I didn't need to use my phone for work because even if I wanted to, I couldn't.

I had so many notifications blowing up my phone, people who I hadn't talked to in years as well as one of my old high school teachers. I also had random DMs from strangers asking if we're dating. That made me laugh, but also raised the question as to how they found my socials.

It was safe to say that by the time I got home, made dinner and was curled up in bed all I wanted to do was read my book. But as luck would have it that is exactly when Mandy rang our group chat.

With a heavy sign I pull the blanket up around my shoulders and sink deeper into my pillow before answering the call,.

"Hi babes" everyone shouts eagerly as we all join the call.

"Hey guys what's up?" I smile at their faces.

"I think we should be asking you that, don't you think?" Ally's face pops up bigger on my screen indicating that she's talking.

Ally is what I would call an obsessive twitter fan. She has about 15k followers because of all the updates she does on not only her life but our whole friendship groups. For some reason her followers love to see what she posts and from the looks of it, she is going to be posting a lot of me on there after this.

"I mean I'm sure you've already heard it all from Mandy but yeah he noticed me" I let the smile on my lips free as everyone in the call giggles.

"Well, no shit sherlock. He didn't just notice you he took the box Mandy threw at him" Ally says.

Olivia speaks up, "I've been analysing different videos from all sorts of angles, but I can't actually see what's in the box. What was it?"

"Great question! I'm curious too actually. You're going to have to ask Mandy thought, because up until that moment I didn't even know about it." I shake my head.

Mandy had been abnormally quite this call so when her names mentioned all eyes turn to her, waiting to hear about it.

"Well, I knew you were too focused on making the sign, so I thought that I'd bring a little something to help you out if you forget to make something up. Turns out I was right so really; you should be thanking me."

"Okay thanks again but what was in the box?" I ask hesitantly this time.

"Alright, don't hate me. I had put in a ring inside the box with your number on it and said to give you a ring. The note said that I dared you to make a scene and asked him to go along with the sign."

"Oh my god, you didn't" I cover my face as everyone laughs at my reaction.

I spent a good hour going through all of my social media accounts. I put them all on private and silenced my phone to only let people I have saved contacts with message me. When a notification from Ally's twitter pops up on my screen, I skim through it.

Oh my gosh, you guys. You'll never guess what I just realised!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Ally what did you realise?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Guys, he took the box home. The box Mandy threw on stage with the ring and your phone number!" her voice gets louder and louder.

"Oh my god Jess this is amazing, he's got your number" Olivia joins in squealing.

"Can someone share the video please" Mandy adds.

Ally sends a link to the group, and we all watch it at the same time.

After our conversation, Harry quite literally winks at me, shoves the little box into the back pocket of his pants and walks over to the side of the stage. He throws the box towards the photographer Llyod who catches it and then he continues singing as if nothing happened.

It finally hits me after the video is over.

Oh my god, Harry Styles has my number.