~ Chapter 8: Soulmates ~

Lilac's POV

"Lila!" I looked up as a boy held my hand. "Lila, what are you thinking about?" He tilted his head to the side. Those familiar black hair and green eyes reminded me of someone.

"Nothing." I replied shaking my head. Maybe it was all a dream.

"Then come on!" He giggled dragging my hand with his as we ran towards another boy around the same age. He had the same black hair with stark red eyes and an expressionless face. "Lila!" He spoke my name with much affection holding my other hand. They made me feel so warm and cozy. I smiled.

"Let's play together!" We laughed running around the park trying to catch each other.

The image faded as I was left in pitch black. I looked around trying to find someone.

"Lila! I'm Stone!" That voice. Stark red eyes met mine whispering into my ear. "I'm waiting for you! Please wake up!"

"Lila, we are here with you. We have always been here with you" Vibrant green eyes encouraged me. "Please wake up soon!"

I opened my eyes groggily with a hazy memory. I tried getting up, but felt dizzy. I fell back on the bed. Blinking a few times, I tried understanding what was happening in my surroundings. It was dark, that I can say for sure. But my hands felt like they were tied down by something or someone. After a few seconds, my eyes adjusted to the darkness. Where was I?

Looking down at my hands, I saw Darius and Orion sleeping soundly next to me as each held my hand. They still wore their uniforms. Octavius was leaning against the window as he slept standing, while Mason was sleeping sprawled on a sofa.

Is this my room? It was filled with furniture compared to last night. I guess the butler did a great job!

I tried slipping from their grasp, but Orion only held my hand tighter as he grumbled in his sleep. Darius and Octavius were the first ones that woke up hearing my voice.

"Are you okay?" Darius spoke closely looking into my eyes.

"Do you need anything?" Octavius asked sweetly, rushing over towards my bed.

I shook my head.

My heart started beating faster as I looked at all of them. The dizziness had faded away. I could see everything clearer than ever. My sense had also heightened. I could see auras surrounding everyone. Darius had a red aura, Octavius had a blue aura, Mason had a golden aura, while Orion had a black aura. Black aura? Like the one the demon had from before.

"Lila?" Darius shook me a little as sparks erupted from his fingertips.

"Yes!" I responded a little frightened. "Orion has a black aura like the demon from earlier." I stated looking blankly at Orion.

They looked stunned at my words. Looking at each other, they nodded.

"Sorry, you had to find out this way!" Replied Orion, waking up from his slumber, kissing my hand. "I'm a demon. More specifically, a demon lord of destruction."

I gulped.

"Are you scared?" He asked, his eyes glowing a deeper shade of green with a tinge of pain in his voice.

"No. You are my soulmates." I stated confidently. "So, you won't hurt me!" They looked stunned at my words.

Three smiles lit up in the room, making my heartbeat faster.

"Yes, we are all soulmates. When did you realize it?" Asked Octavius as he climbed the bed sitting in front of me.

"Earlier when I..." I touched my chest remembering the moment, a purple light glowed from within me.