~ Chapter 12: Defeating The General ~

Octavius' POV

My chest felt like it was burning as my breaths came out in short pants. This guy was definitely hard to deal with.

I raised my sword again as I rushed forward, flinging the sword to puncture his heart, but he dodged on the left. In that short moment, he raised his left arm up and I felt a powerful force push me away from him.

I went on the defensive side as I crashed, breaking into a wall. My body hurt heavily, but I need to continue fighting, atleast until dawn. We need to make it until dawn. In sunlight, demons would become weak. Orion was an exception. That's probably why they were pissed that Orion didn't join them.

"He gathered an army to stop them from leaving" Orion mind linked me. That guy was insanely crazy.

I pushed away the bricks on top of my body and got up using the support of my sword. Come on get your breath under control. I touched the side of my head as I felt blood leaking down. Shit! No worries, it should heal in a day or so.

"We need to atleast hold him back for a while so that they can escape!" I retorted through the mind link.

In the distance, I saw Orion throw hard punches at the General, but he deflected them with ease. Even if he did get hit, it only hurt him for a moment, and his deformed figure recovered quickly. Orion teleported behind him and tried to slice of his head using his sword, but it was useless. The general decapitated his own head and joined it back again, laughing crazily.

"You idiot! Do you think you can defeat me in this way? You must be insane to think that way. Haha, I can't believe you!" He laughed.

"How did you resurrect?" Orion asked anger evident in his eyes. He had barely broken a sweat even after fighting for so long, while his green eyes glowed a darker shade.

"Tell me something Orion. Why join weaklings like them? Humans are nothing but fleeting beings that disappear within a span of short years. We demons live for so long, we watch time fade and everything around us fade. We only remain by ourselves, so why would side with suck weaklings in your lifetime to protect them? We can do whatever we want the way we want to, so why not us?" The General smiled with red glowing eyes. "I ask you again Orion. Come join us!" He extended his pitch-black arm towards Orion.

I looked at Orion as he seemed to be in some sort of a trance. His green eyes seemed to be subdued and were glowing red.

"It's a trap!"

I rushed towards the General's hand and just before Orion could touch his hand, I sliced his arm off using my powers contained in the sword. A sword was like our vessel for storing powers and using them on others.

"Argh..." The general groaned as he fell backwards. A red coloured jewel fell on the ground along with the General's hand. This must be one of the power stones that can overpower and take control of minds. I stomped on it aggressively, shattering it into small pieces.

"Orion, fucking snap out of it!" I yelled at him.

That seemed to get his attention as the red glow disappeared and his green eyes became visible. "What just happened?" He asked holding his head in his hands.

"You were almost trapped into submission." I replied.

Looking at the ground I saw his arm vanish into thin air. Why did his hand vanish but his body remain? Do I need to use more power?

Wait a second. That smell! I will never forget that smell. Lilacs...

My head turned towards the direction it came from. Lila is bleeding. In the distance, Darius walked towards us with a pale looking Lila in his arms. Tears were streaming down her beautiful face. Her clothes were stained in her own blood. I felt my blood boil at all the blood splattered on her clothes.